8-Day Mayan Explorer & Beach Combo – From $2,235 Adults
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN BELIZE THROUGH DEC 14, 2017
Discover the spectacular Maya sites of Xunantunich and Caracol in the jungles of Belize and explore the mighty Tikal Archaeological Reserve in the rainforest of the Peten in nearby Guatemala. Swim and snorkel in the second longest coral reef in the world while feeding beautiful tropical fish in the lovely island of Ambergris Caye.
During this 8 day Mayan Explorer & Beach Combo vacation package discover the awesome Mayan sites of Tikal, Xunantunich & Caracol while staying at the exclusive Mystic River Boutique Resort in the Inland Jungle; then fly to Ambergris Caye for a relaxing stay at the five-star rated Pelican Reef Deluxe Villas Beachfront Resort. Enjoy a snorkel trip to the Hol Chan Marine Park in the Barrier Reef and relax on Belize Beaches.
- Arrival transfers from Belize Intl airport to San Ignacio in the Cayo District.
- 3 nights River View Studio Suite accommodations at the Mystic River Resort in the Inland Jungle with all meals and taxes
- 4 Nights in Ambergris Caye at the deluxe Beachfront Pelican Reef Villas with breakfast, tax and service charges
- Guided Visit to the Tikal Maya site in the Rainforest of the Peten in Guatemala with lunch and entrance fee and border crossing fee.
- Guided Visit to the Caracol Maya site with picnic lunch and entrance fee
- Guided Visit to the Xunantunich Maya site (en-route to Belize City) with ferry boat crossing and entrance fee
- Transfer from Mystic River Resort to the Belize City Municipal Airport
- Panoramic Flight from Belize City to San Pedro in Ambergris Caye
- Arrival transfer from San Pedro Airport to the Pelican Reef Resort
- Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Adventure with gear, park fee and tax
- Departure transfer from the resort to San Pedro Airport
- Local Flight from San Pedro Airport to the Belize International Airport
Day 1 | Welcome to Belize | D.
After clearing customs, proceed to exit to the curbside area and meet your host from the Mystic River Resort. Enjoy a scenic van transfer to the Inland Jungle of Western Belize at San Ignacio in the Cayo District. Your three night stay at the resort features an A/C studio suite with all meals and taxes included. Spend the rest of the day enjoying the resort’s facilities.
Day 2 | The Spectacular Tikal Archeological Reserve | B.L.D.
Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel. Meet your local guide and begin today’s adventure. The Tikal Archaeological Reserve is located in the dense tropical jungles of the Peten region of Guatemala and is the largest and most spectacular of all Mayan sites. Extensive excavation and restoration has revealed the grandeur civilization long past. An abundance of tropical birds, monkeys and other wildlife can be seen while exploring the well maintained trails throughout the park. This full day tour leaves at 7:30 am. Bring along your passport, bug spray, binoculars, hiking shoes, extra water to keep you hydrated, and your camera! Lunch is included at the site, also included is the border crossing fee.
Day 3 | The Unexcavated Beauty of Caracol | B.L.D.
Discovered in 1938 and later explored in the 1950s, Caracol was thought to be little more than a Maya ceremonial center. It was not until more extensive excavation efforts began in 1985 that the importance and expanse of Caracol became known. In 1986, a round, elaborately carved altar stone was uncovered which described a victory by Caracol over Tikal, once considered to be the most powerful Maya metropolis. This discovery filled an important missing piece of Maya history, covering approximately 140 years in the Middle Classic period, and positioned Caracol as the “Supreme” Maya city. The largest pyramid at Caracol, the Caana, (Maya for sky place) rises 140 feet and is the tallest man made structure in all of Belize. Caracol is located 2 hours south of San Ignacio in the Maya Mountains. The tour departs at 8:00 am and returns at about 5:00 pm. Bring along bug spray, binoculars, hiking shoes, extra water to keep you hydrated and your camera! Picnic lunch is included.
Important Note: The times, and order of visits to the Maya sites may change. The Innkeeper will advise you accordingly.
Day 4 | Xunantunich / Belize City Municipal Airport / San Pedro – Ambergris Caye Island | B.
Enjoy a morning transfer to the Belize City Municipal airport for your Tropic Air fligh to Ambergris Caye/ San Pedro. Stop en-route to visit the Xunantunich Maya site. Xunantunich in Maya is “The Stone Maiden.” The site is about 30 minutes from San Ignacio and is only accessible by taking a hand-cranked ferry across the Mopan River. Xunantunich is one of the most popular Maya sites in Belize and was one of the first to be excavated and opened to the public. Standing atop “El Castillo,” the largest pyramid at the site, you will have a panoramic view of western Belize and eastern Guatemala. At the appropriate time, continue with your transfer to the Belize City Municipal Airport for a short flight to San Pedro (airfare is included on Tropic Air). On arrival, transfer to the Pelican Reef Resort and check-in for a four-night stay in Two-bedroom Pool & Beach View Villa Suite. Breakfast, tax, & service charges are included.
Welcome to Ambergris Caye and to the historic fishing village of San Pedro. This charming village is situated on Ambergris Caye, the jewel of more than 1,000 islands and cayes scattered throughout the western Caribbean waters of Belize. Balance of the day is at leisure to enjoy the hotel and the beach.
Days 5, 6 & 7 | Enjoying the beach and on the day of your choice, a snorkel trip to the Hol Chan Marine Park.
Hol Chan Marine Park / Shark Ray Alley: Some of the best snorkel and diving sites in the world are located just off the coast of Ambergris Caye, so take advantage of a good thing while you can and see as many of them as possible while you are here! Thousands of large and small fish inhabit this magnificent underwater National Park. The reef system that borders Belize was recognized as a World Heritage Site, by UNESCO, several years ago. Hol Chan or “Little Channel”, which cuts all the way through the reef, lives up to its reputation among some of the world’s best dive sites. Hol Chan is safe for beginners, and breathtaking for advanced divers. Don’t miss Hol Chan! Breathtaking coral of all descriptions abound in and around Hol Chan and serve as a habitat for literally millions of species of fish. Incredible stories are told frequently of the magnificence of this Marine Reserve and how well it is guarded and preserved. It’s a marine wonderland that every snorkeler and diver (beginner and experienced) must see.
Note: The day of operation of the snorkel trip will be determined by the Innkeeper.
Day 8 | San Pedro / Belize International Airport / Home
At the designated time, check-in at the Tropic Air counter at the San Pedro airport for your flight to the Belize Intl. Airport (local airfare is included) to check-in for your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
MYSTIC RIVER RESORT & PELICAN REEF RESORT
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN BELIZE
|DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 STUDIOS AT THE JUNGLE/ 1 VILLA AT THE BEACH)||CHILD2||SINGLE (SUPPLEMENT)|
VALID THROUGH APR 30, 2017
VALID MAY 1 TO DEC 14, 2017
MAYAN EXPLORER & BEACH COMBO LODGING
In San Ignacio: Mystic River Resort. Are you searching among the jungle lodges in Belize for the perfect destination for the ecotourism adventure of a lifetime? On a steep bank of the beautiful Macal River, eco-friendly Mystic River Resort Jungle Lodge offers the best of all worlds. There are no crowds, just the soothing sound of birds, rustling trees and soft breezes. Mystic River Resort is located 7 miles from the twin towns of San Ignacio and Santa Elena, offering a relaxed brand of Central American eco-tourism. Ecological awareness is becoming increasingly important, and it is very important to Mystic River Resort, which takes pride in the fact that they generate their own electricity, and collect and purify their own water, which is safe to drink anywhere on the property. As part of a reforestation program, Mystic River Resort has endeavored to replant many indigenous trees which were cut down during the logging years in Belize.
Accommodations at Mystic River Resort make up regular rooms and, one bedroom suites featuring a separate bedroom and living room for our guests seeking a little more privacy. All rooms come with a king-size bed (a queen bed along with twin bed can be added to any of the rooms). All rooms have a fireplace, private patio with fabulous Macal River view, safe, ceiling fan, no TV or AC, private entrance, sofa, tile/marble floor, wardrobe/closet, clothes rack, wake up service, iPod docking station, linens, bathroom with walk-in shower, bathrobe, free toiletries, and towels. Enjoy a complimentary basket of tea or coffee in the morning! Also, Wi-Fi is available to guests.
Come to the in-house restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner where the chef will treat you to some of the best food to be found in Belize. Most of the food was grown right here on the property. The restaurant offers a menu ranging from Thai to local Caribbean and Latin American, please let the chef know if you have special dietary needs or something special you would like prepared. A lunch can be packed for you if you want to travel around Belize. In the evening, the dining room is the perfect place to relax by the fireplace with your newfound friends and exchange stories about your day.
In Ambergris Caye: Pelican Reef Villas Resort. Named one of the Best Small Hotels in Belize, Pelican Reef Villas is an exclusive property conveniently located 2.5 miles south of San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye. With only twenty-four suites we are small and exclusive, which allows for more personalized vacation experience.Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and an outdoor pool, Pelican Reef Villas Resort offers pet-friendly accommodations in San Pedro. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.
A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as an iPod docking station are provided. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the sea or garden. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation. Additional deposits may be required by suppliers, if so, you will be notified accordingly.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment:For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include:personal expenses, additional activities, international airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
|BOOK IT NOW||-OR-||REQUEST A FREE QUOTE|
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US