5-Day Arequipa, Colca Canyon & Lake Titicaca – From $642 Adults / $539 Kids
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN AREQUIPA UNTIL DEC 15, 2018
This comprehensive travel program allows you to visit one of Peru’s prettiest cities, Arequipa. Known as the “White City” for its beautiful colonial buildings made of pearly sillar (volcanic) stone. Cross the western Andes en-route to Colca and enjoy panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains. View one of the deepest canyons in the world and watch the flight of the Condor. In Lake Titicaca enjoy a cruise to the Floating Islands of the Uros and to Taquile Island.
Tour Arequipa, Colca Canyon & Lake Titicaca with our 5-day vacation package which features Santa Catalina Monastery, the flight of the Condor and a cruise to the floating islands of the Uros people and to the Island of Taquile.
- 1 Night hotel accommodations in Arequipa with breakfast
- 1 Night hotel accommodations in Colca Valley with breakfast & dinner
- 2 Night hotel accommodations in Puno/Lake Titicaca with breakfast
- 8 Meals (4 Breakfast, 3 lunches and 1 dinner)
- Arrival transfer from the Arequipa airport to selected hotel
- Departure transfer from selected Puno hotel to Juliaca airport
- Half Day Guided Excursion of Arequipa
- Guided scenic transfer from Arequipa to Colca with lunch en-route
- Guided visit to the Cross of the Condor
- Guided Lake Titicaca cruise to the Floating Islands of the Uros and Taquile Island with lunch
- Shuttle Tour Vehicle Transfer from Colca to Puno
- Round trip transfers Puno hotel/Puno Port Pier/ Puno hotel
- Entrance fees during all excursion
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- On site logistical support of our Peru-based office
Day 1 | Arrive in Arequipa / Afternoon Sightseeing Excursion of Arequipa
Transfer to the hotel of your choice for an overnight stay. During the afternoon, our tour of the White City will take you to visit the Main Square, the Cathedral, the Cloisters, the Compania de Jesus Church, the colonial district of Yanahuara, the San Lazaro neighborhood, the Chilina ravine and the residential area of Selva Alegre, and the Santa Catalina Monastery which was closed for almost 400 years and now captivates all visitors with its narrow passages, plazas and gardens inspired by the ancient neighborhoods of Seville and Granada, Spain.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Standard Arequipa
- First Class: Casa Andina Select Arequipa
- Deluxe Class: Libertador Arequipa
Day 2 | Arequipa to Colca Valley / Sightseeing en-route | B.L.D.
After breakfast, we set off to the spectacular Colca Valley going up the foothills of Chachani volcano and admiring the Misti and Picchu Picchu Volcanoes. Then we cross the vicunas (the finest relative of the llamas) reservation of Pampa Canahuas where we can see them running free in the high Andean lands. Interesting panoramas of villages and scenic landscape is all around. Stop for lunch on our way to the lodge. Free afternoon to rest and enjoy the lodge or an optional visit to the thermal baths in the area. You will enjoy dinner at the hotel of your choice during an overnight stay. Breakfast included.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Colca
- First Class: El Refugio
- Deluxe Class: Colca Lodge
Day 3 | Colca Canyon and the Amazing Flight of the Condor / Colca to Puno-Lake Titicaca | B.L.
Early in the morning we will go to the Condor Cross viewpoint to admire the magnificent flight of the condors. The Andean Condor is the symbol of the Andes Mountain Range and is a species on the brink of extinction. The view at this place allows us to appreciate the canyons depth, considered as one of the deepest in the world (twice the depth of the Grand Canyon). We will then visit the Maca and Yanque towns which still keep their colonial churches. After lunch, we will continue with the expedition with a scenic drive to the lake side city of Puno for a two-night stay at the hotel of your choice with breakfast included.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Standard Puno
- First Class: Jose Antonio Puno
- Deluxe Class: Libertador Lake Titicaca
Day 4 | Boat Expedition of Lake Titicaca, the Uros Floating Islands and the ancestral Island of Taquile | B.L.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the pier to board a touring boat for a full day exploration of Lake Titicaca. First we will visit the Uros; the friendly inhabitants of these handmade floating islands made of totora reeds. Then it’s off to Taquile Island; a place in which the settlers still maintain their ancestral traditions and colorful typical clothes. There is a great opportunity to explore the island and get the best view of the lake. A typical lunch is provided in the Island. Return to the city in the afternoon.
Day 5 | Continue to your next destination | B.
At the designated time, van transfer to the Juliaca airport for your onward flight, either back to Lima or to continue with the next Insider Journey of your choice.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN AREQUIPA UNTIL DEC 15, 2018
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD SHARE TRIPLE*||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
* Up to 1 child – 10 years and under sharing a triple room with two adults
AREQUIPA, COLCA CANYON & LAKE TITICACA LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Arequipa: Casa Andina Standard Arequipa Hotel. One of the best-equipped hotels in Arequipa, a large, contemporary structure of sillar (white volcanic stone). Casa Andina is ideally located and equipped with numerous facilities and services to host both good sized groups and independent travelers. The location is a brief walk to the Plaza de Armas and many other celebrated attractions. Removed from the bustle of Arequipa’s busy bars and downtown traffic, the hotel is in a safe and relaxed neighborhood. The 4th-floor terrace provides clear views of El Misti Volcano and is perfect for enjoying Arequipa’s ever-present sunshine. Each of the 103 non-smoking rooms feature: Satellite TV, down comforters, direct dial telephone, safety box, and free Wi-Fi. Also there is an in-house computer station and Wi-Fi in public areas. Before journeying out, start your day with a free breakfast buffet.
In Colca: Casa Andina Colca Hotel. Guests are greeted by the plant-lined walkways, an open-air patio with center fountain, and the hotel’s own vegetable garden. Relaxed and intimate, traditional rooms feature rustic individual stone casitas, many with thatched roofs and ceramic floors. Each one is equipped with electric heaters, down comforters, and private bathrooms (shower only). To personalize your stay, each room offers free high-speed Wi-Fi, direct-dial telephone, safety box, and hair dryers. Other amenities are barbeque grills, gift shops, newsstand, dry cleaning/laundry service, and a fireplace in the lobby. Highlighting the hotel are an onsite planetarium and a spacious, pitched-ceiling restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant showcases local musicians and dancers performing Andean and Colca musical traditions. Ideally located, experience Colca Canyon and the breath taking Valley, a place of ancient cultures and astounding natural beauty.
In Puno: Casa Andina Standard Puno Hotel. Puno is a city known for its combinations of new and old world traditions. Located on the banks of Lake Titicaca, Puno offers unique shops, boutiques, authentic Peruvian gastronomy and an upbeat night life. Casa Andina Standard Puno is a quaint, medium sized Inn that provides an inviting atmosphere; the ambiance is very relaxed, with a large fireplace in the lounge area and a beautiful courtyard filled with vibrant blends of local flora. The Inn is only five minutes from the downtown area of Puno. The hotel offers Wi-Fi in the public areas, money exchange and laundry service. The hotel has an internet center and Wi-Fi. The 50 non-smoking rooms are good size with spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds, cable TV, safety deposit boxes, and climate control. Unlike many cities, Puno has interspersed parks with native vibrant flowers and trees throughout the main walkways keeping the “concrete jungle” stereotype at bay.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Arequipa: Casa Andina Select Arequipa Hotel is the third hotel of the chain in the city. Located in front of the Plaza de Armas (Main Square) in the historic center of the city. With 58 rooms on a totally remodeled 5 story building, it features a modern and functional design, the hotel is the best choice for travelers that value efficiency and service. We invite you to enjoy the Casa Andina experience in the White City.
In Colca: El Refugio Hotel. This is the perfect hideaway along the Colca River in a historical and cultural setting; the perfect combination of nature, culture and comfort. El Refugio is hidden in a majestic landscape in the beautiful Valley of the Colca, 10,498 feet above sea level, and five minutes away from the village of Chivay. El Refugio is a four star hotel with bungalow type dwellings offering complimentary buffet breakfast, hot water 24 hours a day, a heater and telephone. Every member of the staff is committed to clean and maintain the hotel areas as well as the banks of the river to preserve the natural environment. The restaurant offers a spectacular panoramic view and a variety of exceptional gastronomic plates. The range of dishes are created with Peruvian, novoandina and international foods prepared with basic regional ingredients by experienced chefs to please your palate.
In Puno: Jose Antonio Hotel is located in front of the majestic and sacred lake of the Incas, Lake Titicaca, just 10 minutes from the city of Puno. Jose Antonio Hotel in Puno offers the comfort and warmth of home you deserve. A friendly, multi-lingual staff welcome travelers at the 24 hour front desk. Built in 2008, this modern, air-conditioned establishment comprises a total of 106 comfortable rooms. Little extras, including internet access, telephone, TV, radio, Wi-Fi, mini bar and safe contribute to a great stay. A balcony with a beautiful view graces each room and a daily breakfast with a wide and varied selection is offered. Come explore and discover the many mysteries and breathtaking beauty this area of Puno offers and the sparkling waters of Lake Titicaca!
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Arequipa: Libertador Arequipa Hotel is a newly refurbished hotel with 88 luxurious and comfortable rooms. The spacious rooms at Libertador Arequipa have a stylish, contemporary décor. Each room is equipped with cable TV, free Wi-Fi and private bathrooms. The hotel is located in the Selva Alegre district, just a 15-minute walk from the city’s historic center the Plaza de Armas of Arequipa. The location is ideal for day trips to Volcano Misti and to the Colca Canyon. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can begin to enjoy the pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym. Take a stroll around the lush gardens. An extensive breakfast buffet is offered. You will have a fine dining experience in the restaurant, Los Robles, where the chefs work with regional products following the rich gastronomic tradition of Arequipa. The hotel bar, Los Montoneros, has a direct entry from the street and an excellent, well stocked wine cellar. After a day of discovery, relax by the inviting fireplace located in the lobby.
In Colca: Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Springs. At an altitude of 10,660 feet above sea level, the Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Springs is nestled on the banks of the Colca River. It is surrounded by hundreds of pre-Inca agricultural terraces, which have been declared a Peruvian cultural heritage Guests are blessed with having relaxing thermal springs, unique in Peru, at their permanent disposal. The four pools, which have different temperatures and contain water rich in lithium, are located in completely natural surroundings where the magic of the elements takes on an extraordinary dimension. The 45 rooms are rustic in style, all having a view of the valley, gardens and patios. Most have a creative heating system employing heat-radiating stone slabs warmed by geothermal energy source. Given the remote location of the hotel, Wi-Fi and television are offered only within the social areas of the Lodge. The hotel guarantees you will not miss them in your room. This is a place with ancient energy, synchronized with nature and is the starting point for exploring the valley nd visiting the Colca Canyon.
In Puno: Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel is located on the private island of Esteves, on the shore of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world. The hotel has a private pier where boats set sail to the islands of Uros, Taquile or Amantan. You are five minutes away from downtown Puno and two hours from the Bolivian border. The 123 smoke-free rooms feature LCD TV with cable, desk, air-conditioning and heating, and a hair dryer. Guests can take advantage of their 24 hour business center, buy folk art from the gift shop, try their hand on the classic pool table in the bar, take pictures from the observation deck or be pampered in the Wellness & Relax area. After a day of sightseeing, unwind with a dip in the pool or soak in the Jacuzzi. International and Peruvian dishes, including a range of traditional Andean specialties, are offered in the restaurant. Hotel Libertador Lago Titicaca is considered the best hotel in Puno because of the first class services offered and the warm hospitality from the highly trained personnel, guaranteeing your stay to be a unique and memorable one.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment:For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include:personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US