Quito, the Middle of the World, Otavalo, the Southeast Andes, and the Amazon
From $2,699 Adults / $1,418 kids
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN QUITO (EXCEPT ON WED) THRU DEC 19, 2018
See the beautiful country of Ecuador from the Amazon to the Andes. Immerse yourself in the different Amazon region of Ecuador with excursions in Quito, Otavalo, the Antisana Ecological Reserve, and the Amazon. Enjoy city strolls, nature walks, trail hikes, canoe rides, and much more. This journey will show you Ecuador like never before!
During our From the Andes to the Amazon in 8 days Ecuador vacation package you will discover the best of Mainland Ecuador, from the majestic city of Quito, to the beautiful fertile Otavalo Valley, to the Glaciers of the Southeast Andes, to the Amazon Jungle of the Napo River
- Private arrival transfer Quito Airport to Quito hotel
- 4 Nights in Quito at the Dan Carlton Hotel with breakfast and taxes
- 15 meals (7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 3 dinners)
- Shared Guided Excursion of Colonial and Modern Quito & Middle of the World
- Shared Guided Excursion of the Otavalo Valley and a visit to the Open Air Market with lunch at a Hacienda
- Private Guided Nature Hike at the Antisana Ecological Reserve with lunch
- Private Transfer Quito hotel to Quito Airport for your Amazon bound flight
- Airfare from Quito to Coca River Port in the Amazon
- Four-Day /Three-Night Sacha Lodge Amazon Expedition with all meals, and shared excursions – Canoe Rides / Nature Walks / Wildlife Observation
- Airfare from Coca River Port to Quito to connect with your onward Intl. flight*
- Transfers, tours, and excursions on A/C vehicles
- English-speaking Guide Service during tours and excursions
- Meals and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Personalized service of our Ecuador-based partners
DAY 1 | Welcome to Quito, Ecuador!
Meet and greet service at the Quito Airport by your local host who will transfer you to the Dann Carlton Hotel (or best available) where you will check-in for your four-night stay with breakfast and taxes included. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 2 | Quito City Excursion & Middle of the World | B.
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast meet your local host to begin today’s activity program: Visit the old Spanish Colonial District of Quito with its beautiful plazas and unique churches. The Spanish architecture converts Quito in a very special place. After the visit of the old town, we will take you to the south side for a magnificent view of the city from El Panecillo lookout point. A visit to the Middle of the World monument is also scheduled. Mitad Del Mundo is one of Quito’s most famous attractions, situated about 10. Km. to the north of Ecuador’s Capital. In 1736 a French scientific expedition came to Ecuador to determine the position of the Equator. On the sight there is a monument, which houses an Ethnographic Museum. Here you will learn about life styles, clothing, and utensils of different ethnic groups of Ecuador. Just outside Mitad Del Mundo there is an interesting open-air museum called “Inti-Ñan,” which explains our solar system, the position of the equator and its effect on gravity; also interesting displays of Ecuadorian ancient cultures and their ways of life. Return to the City by mid-afternoon and drop off at your Hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
DAY 3 | Guided Discovery of the Otavalo Andean Region with lunch at a Hacienda | B.L.
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast meet your local host to begin today’s activity program: We begin our travels north of Quito, towards Otavalo, visiting the small village of Calderon, known for its unique and colorful ornamental ‘baked-bread’ dolls (figuras de masapán). We then continue along the Pan-American Highway to Guayllabamba to taste one of Ecuador’s endemic fruits (the chirimoya), stopping en route to admire the region’s beautiful landscape and snow-capped mountains, making a short stop at San Pablo Lake before arriving at Otavalo. Here we visit the busy textile market located at ‘Poncho Plaza’, famous as one of the largest open-air markets in South America. Find all kinds of handcrafts including tapestries made on old-Spanish weaving looms, and even older pre-Columbian back strap looms. Stop for Lunch at a Hacienda. Enjoy some free time to shop (and haggle) with the friendly Otavaleños. In the early afternoon we visit a colonial hacienda for lunch. We then head to the small artisan village of Cotacachi and return to Quito in the late afternoon/early evening.
DAY 4 | Full Day Private Expedition of the Antisana Ecological Reserve | B.L.
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast meet your local host to begin today’s activity program: The first stop is for an overview of the impressive lava flow at Antisanilla, and the next one to admire an incredibly huge wall of cliffs across a narrow canyon, where condors can be seen fairly regularly, as they breed here. They are usually seen soaring up near the highest peaks, a great distance away.
Up in the paramo (at about 12,000 ft. elevation) several stops are made to walk about on level ground and observe the beautiful but small paramo flowers hugging the ground among the lichens and paramo straw: yellow composites, gentians, red Indian paintbrush, orchids and chuquiraguas. Around the many paramo lakes and ponds you can observe the glacial morraines and birds in both a diversity of species and individual abundance of most of them such as the highly endangered Black-faced Ibis, Cinereous Conebills, Andean Teal, Andean Lapwings, many Carunculated Caracaras, Black Wing Doves, and the Siskin. Some fisherman are allowed to fish for large trout in certain montane lakes of the area, from where part of Quito’s water supply comes from. After lunch, drive back to Quito amid breathtaking settings.
NOTE: Tour stops may be different than those listed
DAY 5 | From the Andes to the Amazon Jungles of the Napo River | B.L.D.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the designated time, transfer to the Quito airport for a 30 minute flight to the River Port of Coca (airfare is included). On arrival meet your host from the Sacha Lodge and enjoy a quick lunch before heading to the pier to board one of the lodge’s motorized canoes for a two hour down river ride to Sacha´s Lodges property. A 30 minute hike through the rainforest leads you to Lake Pilchicocha where you are met by native workers to paddle you across the lake to your final destination: Sacha Lodge. Enjoy a refreshing swim after arriving may be just what you need after being in the equatorial heat all day. Visit the butterfly house with your naturalist guide to view the beautiful colors of many different species of butterflies. After dinner, accompany your naturalist guide on a night walk through the rainforest to view the hundreds of different species of animals that can only be found at night. Or maybe a canoe ride on the lake to view the spectacled and black caimans with their glowing orange eyes as you silently paddle across the lake to get a closer view.
DAY 6 | Exploring the Amazon | B.L.D.
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast meet your local host to begin today’s activity program: Hike the Liana Chica Trail and arrive at the canopy walk, for spectacular views of the rainforest canopy and the many different species of vibrantly colored birds. Located within Sacha´s private reserve, 2 miles from the shores of the Rio Napo and 1 mile from the lodge, the bird walk gives guests the opportunity to get an up close and personal view of the rainforest canopy. Two of the three towers have observation decks every 12 meters making towers accessible for everyone. The canopy walkway is at 36 meters high and 275 meters long, giving guests a “bird’s eye view” of all the wonders and beauty the tropical rainforest has to offer. After the canopy walk, Liana Grande through terra firma and igapo forest habitats where native guides will explain many different species of medicinal plants that have been being used in their culture for hundreds of years. Liana Grande will turn into the trail Higueron, which will take you through pristine primary forest with huge Kapok and Fig trees towering hundreds of feet above your head. After lunch, you may choose to take a leisurely hike along the Rio Napo, or choose a little more challenging hike on the trail Leoncillo to try and spot the elusive dusky Titi monkey. Either way the trails will lead you back to the main boardwalk for your final hike and canoe ride back to the lodge.
DAY 7 | Exploring the Amazon | B.L.D.
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast meet your local host to begin today’s activity program: Your Hike on Trail Lagartococha gives you the chance to learn more about the native people and their relationship with the forest. Learn about the trees where native people believe the spirits of their ancestors live, and the mysterious “duende” or devil-man of the forest. After arriving at Lake Lagartococha, enjoy a tranquil canoe ride through a natural swamp, which is the home of anacondas, caimans, and capybaras. After the ride, a walk on the other side of Lagartococha may give you the opportunity to spot capuchin or squirrel monkeys playfully jumping through the trees. Return from the walk or canoe ride and head back to the lodge for a refreshing dip in the lake, or a nice relaxing nap in your personal hammock on your private balcony. After lunch, your native guide will teach you how to fish for the infamous razor-toothed piranha. Keep in mind that piranhas will never attack a person and swimming at the same time is perfectly safe and fun! In the afternoon you will begin what many think is the best trail at Sacha, a silent canoe ride through the flooded Amazonian forest. Where you have a good chance of being surrounded by troops of squirrel, capuchin, and howler monkeys. Keep your eyes peeled for the shy and elusive river otter as well as the incredibly well camouflaged three-toed sloth! After your eye-popping ride through the flooded forest, you will arrive at Sacha´s 135-foot wooden tower built around an ancient Kapok tree. Get close up views of vibrantly colored birds through Sacha´s powerful scopes, and watch the sun set with an amazing view of Mount Sumaco, a volcano, and possibly a view of the snow-covered caps of the Andes! Leaving the tower just before or after sunset will give you an experience not soon forgotten. Finally, after your mesmerizing canoe trip through the Amazon, you will arrive back at Lake Pilchicocha and the welcoming lights of Sacha lodge.
DAY 8 | Sacha Lodge / Coca River Port / Quito / Onward Intl Flight | B.
Breakfast and departure from the lodge in the early morning. One last walk on the boardwalk to the river, and from there a 2 hour canoe ride back to Coca for your 35 minute flight back to Quito (airfare is included). Arrive Quito around Noon time (subject to change) to connect with your onward Intl. flight|.
NOTES: Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, specific interests, and physical abilities of our guests. * If your onward Intl return flight has a late evening departure you may want to consider booking a day room at the Wyndham Quito Airport hotel; an extra charge will apply.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR ARRIVALS IN QUITO (EXCEPT ON WED) UNTIL DEC 19, 2018
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD2||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
¹ Triple Occupancy share existing beds.
² Child rate applies to one child 8 to 11 years old, sharing accommodations with two adults and using existing beds.
In Quito: Dann Carlton Hotel. With an elegant and understated decor throughout the hotel, the 212 rooms and suites include air conditioning, satellite television, safety box, radio alarm with CD player, mini bar and refrigerator. The rooms are also equipped with a desk, wireless broadband internet, and telephone with voice mail. All the areas of the hotel are covered by our complimentary broadband Wi-Fi service. For those travelling without their laptops, we offer personal computers for the exclusive use of our guest. At the Park 20 Restaurant the friendly staff awaits you with a very fine selection of Ecuadorian and International dishes.
The Hotel Dann Carlton Quito is located near the main shopping centers of the city, opposite the park La Carolina and Exhibition Center Quito. This privileged location makes it a unique hotel in the financial and commercial center of Quito.
In Napo – Coca / Ecuadorian Lower Amazon: Sacha Lodge is found within a 5000-acre private ecological reserve in Ecuador’s Amazon region, an accessible yet pristine rainforest sanctuary where you and your family may enjoy a true jungle adventure in safety and comfort.
The lodging at Sacha was carefully designed to offer comfort to the traveler yet preserve the environment and rainforest ambience. All of the cabins, with high thatched roofs and private shaded terraces, are constructed with traditional materials and nestle well concealed into the lush surroundings. Each of 26 the rooms, which include single, double and (upon request) triple accommodations, provides a private bathroom with flushing toilet and hot shower. All cabins are screened against insects, and contain ceiling fans above two comfortable double beds. During free time, visitors may overlook the jungle from hammocks and often report seeing wild fauna such as toucans, agoutis and monkeys right from their own cabin!
Guests may also enjoy a raised lookout above the main bar and lounge, which offers a scenic view of Pilchicocha Lake and excellent opportunities to birdwatch.
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
- Deposit: A $900.00 per person deposit is required to activate the booking process. Due to the popularity of the destination and the high demand for space, early reservations are strongly encouraged. Additional deposits may be required by suppliers, if so you will be notified.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- Meal Codes: B=Breakfast / L=Lunch / D=Dinner.
- All tours and excursions services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.