8-Day Nature and Adventure Thrills – Starting at $1,489 Adults / $775 Children
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SAN JOSE UNTIL DECEMBER 7, 2017
Explore the great Costa Rica outdoors while learning about diverse ecosystems and experiencing thrilling eco-adventures
Enjoy nature from a different perspective; see it all and experience it all while partaking on exciting adventures in diverse eco-systems, from the lowlands of the Caribbean to the highlands of the Central Range to the beautiful Mid-Pacific Coast, home to the Manuel Antonio Park, the Rainforest by the Sea.
This Costa Rica Nature Wonders and Adventures vacation package is ideal for friends and families and multi-generational groups. During this one week getaway you will get to ride the Class IV rapids of the Pacuare River or the Class III rapids of the Sarapiqui River. In Arenal, experience thrills galore during the Zip Line adventure at the Sky Park Adventure Center, rappelling down beautiful waterfalls, and relaxing with a soothing bath at the Tabacon Spa Hot Springs and Thermal Pools. In Manuel Antonio National Park enjoy more thrills during your 4×4 ATV Countryside Adventure, and the Paddling Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Expedition, or a Mangrove Kayaking Adventure in search of wildlife.
- Arrival Private Van Transfer in San Jose
- 7 nights at your choice of hotels: 2 in San Jose, 2 in Arenal and 3 in Manuel Antonio
- 12 meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner)
- Your choice of River Rafting Expedition: Pacuare Class IV or Sarapiqui Class III
- Private Transfer to Arenal
- Arenal Sky Trek Zip Line Adventure
- Arenal Waterfall Canyoning and Rappelling
- Visit to the Thermal Pools at the Tabacon Hot Springs
- Shared Transfer to Manuel Antonio
- Manuel Antonio Countryside 4×4 ATV Adventure
- Your choice of Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Coastal Expedition or Mangrove Kayaking Adventure in Damas Island Wildlife Refuge
- Private Transfer to Quepos Airstrip
- Panoramic flight from Manuel Antonio/Quepos to San Jose
- All Entrance fees as per itinerary
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle as per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Personalized service of our Costa Rica-based representative office
Day 1 | Welcome to San Jose, Costa Rica!
Your EcoAmerica Tours representative will greet you at the airport, assist you with your luggage and provide you with a private van transfer to the hotel of your choice for a two-night stay.
- Standard Class: Wyndham Herradura
- First Class: Wyndham Herradura
- Deluxe Class: Costa Rica Marriott
Day 2 | Your Choice of White-Water River Rafting Expedition | B.L.
Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV: Today you will enjoy an exciting adventure as you ride the whitewater rapids of one of the most scenic tropical rivers in Costa Rica, the Rio Pacuare – Class IV. The trip down this wild and scenic river offers some of the finest white water rafting in Latin America and takes you past luxuriant rainforest, crystalline waterfalls and dense vegetation covering the sides of steep gorges. Enjoy a typical Costa Rican breakfast en route to the put-in site to begin your 18-mile journey down that spectacular waterway. You will float past pristine tropical forest populated by toucans, parrots and other birds. This unforgettable river adventure combines class III and IV rapids with floats past breathtaking scenery that includes massive tropical trees and waterfalls that plummet into the river. We will break for a healthy lunch by the riverbank in a traditional palm-thatch structure owned by a Cabecar Indian family. After lunch, well paddle through more adrenaline-pumping rapids and marvel at amazing scenery, such as the narrow canyon of Dos Montanas. After we reach the highway, you will be able to change into dry clothes before we begin our 90-minute drive back to San Jose. Participants must be 14+ years old and in good physical condition.
Sarapiqui River Rafting Class II-III: The Sarapiqui River is ideal for those who wish to combine white water rafting with observation of the exuberant flora and fauna. The clear refreshing waters serpentine along through the tropical jungle, and offer a variety of waves and rapids as well as some great spots for swimming and Tarzan jumping off of its banks for the more adventurous. This section of Tropical River is characterized by its moderate rapids and clean refreshing waters which allow the opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking nature to its fullest. Like none other, this river also provides the opportunity to swim and float in its tranquil ponds and jump like Tarzan from its cliffs and banks. Duration: 2.5 hours of water fun. Distance: 10 km. Ages: 8+years old and in good physical condition.
Important Note: If traveling with children, the Pacuare River will be substituted by the Sarapiqui River Class II-III.
Day 3 | San Jose / Arenal Volcano Park Area / Sky Trek Adventure Zip Line & Tabacon Hot Springs and Thermal Pools | B.D.
After an early breakfast at your San Jose hotel, meet your private driver for a scenic ride along the southeastern slop of the Monteverde Reserve en-route to the Arenal Volcano Park Area for a two-night stay with volcano view accommodations at the hotel of your choice.
- Standard Class: La Pradera Hotel
- First Class: Magic Mountain
- Deluxe Class: Royal Corin
Sky Tram & Sky Trek at the Sky Park Adventure Center: Zipping along nearly two miles (three kilometers) of cables, you will see the rain forest as well as get a panoramic view of the volcano and lake from a whole new perspective. There are currently ten zip line cables and they range in height from 30 meters to 200 meters and in length from 200 meters to 750 meters. This private reserve is near El Castillo, on the north-facing slopes of the Cordillera de Tilaran offers phenomenal volcano views, to be enjoyed from an aerial Sky Tram that rises 236 meters in a 1250 meters ride, taking visitors up to a Mirador (lookout point) where starts the Sky Trek zip line circuit. Before leaving the main building to start your tour, you will be fitted with all of the necessary safety equipment (harness, helmet, gloves), which the guides will take care to properly adjust. Afterwards the guides will deliver a safety speech detailing proper form and the innovative braking system. Return to your hotel after the adventure.
In the early evening, you will be provided with a short transfer to visit the world-famous Tabacon Hot Springs and Spa, the only hot springs in the Arenal Volcano area that is completely natural. Water flows by gravity throughout the property, forming in-river pools, waterfalls, and cascades and filling in the pools throughout the resort. As the underground Tabacon River flows through the magma in the volcano, the springs absorb minerals. Hot springs provide many benefits stemming from various chemical, physical and biological effects, the most notable is relaxing tense and tired muscles. While at Tabacon Hot Springs you will also enjoy a scrumptious buffet-dinner, the perfect treat to complete your visit to the Arenal Volcano National Park region. After dinner, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 4 | The Ultimate Waterfall Canyoning and Rappelling Adventure | B.L.
The Waterfall Canyoning and Rappelling Tour is a soft yet adventurous activity. The tour starts when we pick you up at your hotel for a 30 minute 4×4 drive. After a safety talk, you will put your gear on, and then a short trek to the top of the first waterfall where we start our descent. There are 4 rappels ranging in height from 165 feet to 45 feet, and all are guaranteed to get your blood moving! We have constructed trails that lead you from waterfall to waterfall through the canyon; it’s like being in a national park. Then a short trek out of the canyon will lead you back to our base for lunch. This Activity is Family Friendly – No Experience Necessary.
Day 5 | Arenal to the Manuel Antonio National Park, the Rainforest by the Sea | B.
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your local driver for a shared (shuttle van) ride to the Mid-Pacific coastal village of Quepos, home to the beautiful Manuel Antonio Beach Park for a three-night stay at the hotel of your choice. Balance of the day is at leisure enjoying the pool or the beach.
- Standard Class: Tabulia Tree Hotel
- First Class: Parador Hotel (Garden Room)
- Deluxe Class: Parador Hotel (Premium Ocean View Room)
Day 6 | Wet and Wild ATV Countryside Adventure | B.L.
Today, prepare to get dirty and to have lots of fun as you experience the most unforgettable ATV tour in the Manuel Antonio area. Drive your own fully equipped ATV into the rugged mountains, where your professional bilingual guides lead you through rustic tropical settings, unpaved roads, giant African Palm Plantations, real working cattle farms, and typical Costa Rican villages. About half way through your journey, leave your ATVs on the trail for a short nature hike through the primary rain forest jungle as your expert guides show you even more of Costa Rica’s exotic plant and animal life. Return to your hotel after lunch. Balance of the day is spent enjoying the beach or your resort.
Important Notes: If traveling with children, the ATV will be a double seat. Minimum ages: For Drivers 16 years, for passengers 6 years)
Day 7 | Your Choice of Sea Kayak Coastal Paddle and Snorkeling Adventure or Mangrove Kayaking Adventure at the Damas Island Estuary | B.L.
The Manuel Antonio Coast is the arena for an easy pace paddling adventure. Enjoy the views and stop for refreshing swims. Paddle comfortably as a family, a couple, or an intimate group. Your kayak adventure stops at stunning Biesanz Bay for snorkeling and includes unbelievable nature spotting near Manuel Antonio’s world-class beaches. Some experience in open-seat kayaking and good physical condition is necessary for this open coastal water Kayak Tour. If you do not have experience, we can substitute the trip for a Mangrove Kayaking Adventure in calm estuary waters where the local fauna is abundant.
Experience the Damas Island Estuary and Mangrove ecosystem first hand in an open-seat kayak. Spend a few luxuriously indulgent hours paddling with the currents as your bilingual naturalist guides reveal the protected inland waterways of the Damas Estuary and mangrove habitat. Paddle comfortably as an intimate group under the shade of several tall species of mangroves, which grow only in select areas of the world and in Costa Rica. The pace of this adventure is determined by your abilities and interests, and the abundance of wildlife you want to stop and observe (or learn about) all in its natural and breathtaking habitat. Watch sloths and numerous species of monkeys travel through the tree canopy, hunt for nocturnal silky anteaters and several types of non-poisonous snakes resting in the mangroves, and listen to the songs of the various marine birds as they glide over your kayak curiously looking for adventure.
Important Note: If traveling with children, the kayak will be a double open seat.
Day 8 | Manuel Antonio National Park / Quepos Airstrip / San Jose / Home or next destination | B.
At the appropriate time, meet your driver for a private transfer to the Quepos airstrip for a local Nature Air flight to San Jose airport (local airfare is included; fuel surcharge and airport taxes are included); on arrival, proceed to the corresponding airline counter to check-in for your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – MINIMUM 2 GUESTS
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SAN JOSE UNTIL DEC 7, 2017
|CATEGORY||SINGLE||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD2|
HIGH SEASON: JAN 2 TO APR 30 & JUL 1 TO AUG 31, 2017
LOW SEASON: MAY 1 TO JUN 30 & SEP 1 TO DEC 7, 2017
1 Triple Occupancy share existing beds.
2 Children policy: maximum two children up to 11-year old sharing the same room and bedding arrangements with 2 adults. Maximum occupancy per room: 2 adults and 2 children OR 3 adults and 1 child.
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Arenal: La Pradera Hotel: Is a family establishment that wants to offer you a completely grateful and memorable lodging. For your convenience we offer you a bar and restaurant service. A large and save parking the 24 hours, for you can enjoy the presence of the exuberant Arenal Volcano, besides, explore the beautiful gardens that seduce many birds. Located at 2 km from La Fortuna, on the way to Arenal Volcano, at 5 min from Tabacon and Baldi Hot Springs. Our Facilities have: Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Restaurant, Volcano view in all rooms, 24 hours security, Wireless internet, Private parking.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In San Jose: Wyndham Plaza Herradura Hotel: Is a full-service 4 star resort, standing apart from the rest of San Jose Costa Rica hotels. Just 5 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), and 15 minutes away from San Jose downtown, the Wyndham Plaza Herradura’s location is idyllic for both business and leisure travelers. A true tropical experience coupled with Costa Rican charm, this hotel features 229 guestrooms and suites, with private terraces overlooking exotic floral gardens. The open corridor hotel has 3 sparkling outdoor pools and Jacuzzis, 3 restaurants, one fashionable bar and onsite Casino.
In Arenal: Magic Mountain Hotel: A colonial modern hotel, is located in La Fortuna facing the Arenal Volcano in a scenic location that provides visitors with a stunning view of the colossal Volcano Arenal. It is rounded by an exotic tropical zone, lush foliage and magnificent scenery. This property offers a prime location, panoramic Volcano views, luxury accommodations and unrivaled service.We are nearby to down town shops, souvenirs and other points of interest as well as the “hot springs”. All guest rooms features an outdoor balcony or terrace that overlook the Volcano and are impeccably furnished and feature tiled private bathrooms, desk, and either a king bed or two double beds. For your convenience, all guest rooms are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet access, telephone line and an in-room safe.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment:For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include:personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
|BOOK IT NOW||-OR-||REQUEST A FREE QUOTE|
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US