8-Day Peru Savvy Explorer – From $1,219.00 Adults / $715.00 Children
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN LIMA UNTIL DEC 15, 2019
This Program is Fully Customizable
A Value Priced Holiday Adventure to Experience First-Hand the Most Popular Attractions of Peru: Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca
The Peru Savvy Explorer allows you to enjoy the best of Peru in one week! We will show you the Spanish Colonial area of central Lima while admiring wonderful views of the Pacific in Miraflores. We will explore the city of Cusco and discover the secrets of the sacred ancient ruins of Sacsayhuaman. We will enjoy panoramic views of the Sacred Valley and the Urubamba River on board the train to Machu Picchu. We will experience the serene beauty of the Andes as you are escorted to Lake Titicaca for a cruise to the floating islands of the friendly Uros, and the Island of Taquile. Enjoy all of this and more in a fun-filled, affordable week long vacation!
- 7 nights hotel accommodations
- 10 Meals (7 breakfasts,3 lunches)
- Guided visit of Sacsayhuaman and Cusco
- Round-trip train tickets to Machu Picchu
- Guided visit of the Machu Picchu Citadel
- Andean Explorer Bus from Cusco to Puno with visits to Andahuaylillas Chapel, Racchi and the Pucara Museum
- Guided boat excursion in Lake Titicaca to visit the Uros’ Floating Islands and Taquile Island
- Guided visit to Sillustani, a pre-Inca cemetery
- Guided visit of Lima
- All Entrance fees as per itinerary
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle as per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Personalized service of our Peru-based representative office
Day 1 | Welcome to Lima!
Upon arrival in Lima, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the Allpa hotel (or best available) for a two-night stay with breakfast included.
Day 2 | A Guided visit to Modern and Colonial Lima | B.
Your Peru Savvy Explorer adventure will continue after breakfast at the hotel. Your tour will start at Larcomar, the city’s most exclusive shopping center located in front of the Pacific Ocean, and will transfer you to the Pucllana Temple, a pre-Inca pyramid found in the Miraflores district, to mark a contrast. You will the visit the El Olivar Park, an ancient olive plantation, which is now part of the city, located in the San Isidro district, and from there you will be transferred to Lima’s historical downtown, a World Heritage listed by UNESCO. You will stop at the Main Square, located in front of the Presidential Palace, the Lima Municipality and the Archbishop’s Palace, beautiful colonial buildings that are an important part of its identity. A few blocks away, you will visit Santo Domingo Convent, one of the most impressive religious architectural complexes of the 17th century. It contains the relics of the three Peruvian saints, Santa Rosa de Lima, San Martin de Porres and San Juan Macías, and a library with a collection of 25 thousand old books. The visit will end up at your hotel, at Larcomar or at the Indian market. Visits to locations may vary.
Day 3 | Lima / Cusco / Afternoon Sightseeing Excursion of Cusco | B.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your local flight to Cusco (airfare is not included; we recommend arriving on or before 11:00 AM). Upon arrival in Cusco, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the San Agustin Internacional Hotel (or best available) for a two night stay with breakfast included. Enjoy the rest of the morning at leisure to get adjusted to the altitude.
In the afternoon, we will enjoy a half-day tour combining Sacsayhuaman and Cusco Historic Center and it will start visiting the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman. The first stop will be at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. We will then head for Q’enqo, the ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate an altar for sacrifices, and then will continue on to Tambomachay, the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that we will visit the Temple of the Sun, known as Korikancha, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral that reassures invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquistadors.
Important Note: People are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts. Taking photos is not allowed inside the Cathedral.
Day 4 | Cusco / Day Trip to Machu Picchu / Cusco | B.L.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes. During the journey, we will appreciate several landmarks in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including the hanging bridge that signals the start of the Inca Trail. The railway follows the course of the Urubamba River, also known as Vilcanota River, climbing down and entering a canyon until we reach Aguas Calientes; the town that is located at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain.
After getting off the train, we will board the mini-bus that will take us up the winding road to Machu Picchu; the Sacred Citadel of the Incas that is considered one of the New Wonders of the World. The Lost City of the Incas will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy will be all around us. After a well-paced guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area and then will be ready to return to Cusco by train. Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 5 | Andean Explorer Bus from Cusco to Puno / Welcome to Lake Titicaca | B.L.
Depart on the Andean Explorer Bus to Puno. On the way we’ll stop to visit the attractions this beautiful and off-the-beaten-path route has to offer:
Andahuaylillas Chapel: Referred to as the Andean Sistine Chapel because of its magnificent frescoes, the church is but one example of the mestizo baroque architecture typical of the Cusco School which was prominent in the 17th century. You will marvel at the ceiling of carved panels covered with gold leaf.
Raqchi (God Wiracocha Temple): Located 121 kilometers from Cusco, this Inca temple is monumental: 100 meters in length, 26 meters in width and 14 meters in height. Divided in two naves, each of these still retain the base of eleven giant columns. The base of the walls consists of Imperial Inca stonework with a top section of adobe. Adjacent to the temple, we can see many storehouses, used for various purposes: military and religious.
La Raya: The highest pass on the route between Cusco and Puno, La Raya is 4,335 meters above sea level. Beautiful landscapes await you, as well as the animals that are symbolic of the Andes: llamas, alpacas and vicunas. This is a region situated between two cultures, Quechua and Aymara, as well as a composite of two terrains: the dry and arid highlands and the more verdant Quechua valleys and rivers.
Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial site this side of Tiahuanaco. Characterized by a series of platforms, the ruins also reveal some lito-sculptures and tombstones, all witnesses of a pre-Inca civilization, possibly one at the origin of the Andean culture of the Altiplano.
We will arrive in Puno at the end of the afternoon for a transfer to the La Hacienda Hotel (or best available Tourist Class hotel) for a two-night stay with breakfast included.
Day 6 | A Discovery of Lake Titicaca | B.L.
This morning you will experience first-hand one of the most traditional ways of life and culture in Peru when visiting the Uros on their floating islands. Although the Uros Indians of the floating islands have intermarried with Aymara Indians and no pure-blooded Uros exist, many of the inhabitants of the islands still practice the old traditions of fishing, trapping birds and living on the lake plants. The totora reeds, which grow abundantly in the shallows of Lake Titicaca, are used for their boats, houses and to build the very islands on which they live. This peculiar way of life began over 500 years ago when the Uros built the islands in an effort to isolate themselves from the Collas and the Incas. Your trip continues to the Taquile Island. Unlike other islands, inhabited by Aymara-speaking people in the lake, its residents speak Quechua. It was part of the Inca Empire and vestiges of said culture can be noted in their buildings. Nevertheless, when the Spaniards arrived, they forced its residents to get rid of their typical clothes and forced them to wear traditional farmers’ clothes. They will give you a brief presentation about the island and you can tour it until lunch time, when you will descend to the main pier to return to Puno City.
Day 7 | Puno / Sillustani / Juliaca / Lima | B.
At the appropriate time you will be transferred to the Juliaca airport to board the departing flight to Lima (airfare is not included). On the way to Juliaca, you will visit the pre-Inca cemetery of the Hatun Colla chiefs in Sillustani, on the shores of Lake Umayo. At the archaeological site of Sillustani, your local guide will show you the most important sectors of the burial site and will give you a good insight into the Andean culture. Your visit in Sillustani ends up with wonderful panoramic views of the Lake Umayo.
Upon arrival in Lima, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the Allpa Hotel (or best available) for an overnight stay with breakfast included.
Day 8 | Lima / Home | B.
At the appropriate time, departure transfer to the Lima airport to check in for your onward flight. Adios Amigos y Buen Viaje!
PERU SAVVY EXPLORER
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN LIMA UNTIL DEC 15, 2019
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD SHARE TRIPLE*||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT||TRAIN CLASS|
* Up to 1 child – 10 years and under sharing a triple room with two adults
PERU SAVVY EXPLORER LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Lima: Allpa Hotel & Suites provides spacious and modern rooms with the latest technology and comfort for today’s guest demand, integrating a magnificent environment of trends, decoration and art. Conveniently located in Lima, the Allpa Hotel & Suites is a great base from which to explore this vibrant city. All the rooms have been carefully appointed to the highest degree of comfort and convenience, with in room safe, shower, satellite/cable TV, desk, and hair dryer in each room. Besides, the hotel’s host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Allpa Hotel & Suites.
In Cusco: San Agustin Internacional Hotel Built last century on the old seminary of Cusco, it invites you to explore the aura and the essence of the city; an exclusive blend of both mysticism and sophistication. You will have easy access to the Main Square through the time traveled streets of Cusco. Its location provides a magnificent view of a perfect Inca stone carving, while allowing you to enjoy the gentle breeze and essence of this Imperial City. After a day of discovery, enjoy being pampered by the enthusiastic, friendly hotel staff. Each of the 77 comfortable, non-smoking rooms provide cable TV, Wi-Fi, and 24 hour room service. You can find everything from traditional to international cuisine with local and seasonal ingredients at “El Arcangel” Restaurant. End your day meeting friends at the bar and enjoying one of their refreshing cocktails while planning the next adventure!
In Puno: La Hacienda Puno Hotel is located in the heart of Puno’s historical district, offering not only a comfortable refuge adhering to the highest standards of service, but also an environment of elegance where the appeal of the traditional meets the technology of the modern world. All the rooms are tastefully decorated and feature private bathroom with tub, free Wi-Fi, telephone, safety deposit box, hair dryer, feather duvet, heating system, and cable TV. Among the amenities at La Hacienda Puno Hotel, is Restaurant Taypicamana, a highlight featuring extraordinary Peruvian Cuisine with its unique flavors and aromas that you will hardly find in other parts of the world. Chefs and cooks make specialized delicacies with award winning gastronomy and innovative dishes with the most select of the international cuisine. In a high altitude destination such as Puno, guests deserve a special place where they can rest and relax, and still stay in touch with the feeling of distilled mystery.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: www.ecoamericatours.com/terms. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the testimonials section in our website: www.ecoamericatours.com/testimonials)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US