5-Day Premium Wines and Countryside – From $1,295 Adults Double Basis
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SANTIAGO THRU FEB 28, 2019
Experience the culture of Santiago de Chile, and tour and taste the wines from the Casablanca Valley, and from the Colchagua Valley’s Viña Lapostolle & Viña Vik Vineyards
Visit historic and beautiful Santiago, the vibrant capital of Chile. Tour its cultural buildings and colonial monuments. Ride along to the countryside to discover fertile wine valleys, where some of the world’s best and premium wines are born. Survey the well-known Chilean wineries and taste their best wines. Enjoy a walk on the viñas, meet the experts and see how they grow and care for the fruit, and how is selected to create products with taste, body and perfection, that take Chile’s name around the globe. A unique itinerary that allows you to get a taste of the best wines in the heart of a beautiful country that has been blessed with such special land.
- 4 night hotel accommodations in Santiago at the hotel of your choice with applicable taxes
- 5 meal (4 breakfast, 1 lunch)
- Transfers in Santiago to your hotel and the airport
- Half Day Santiago City Excursion
- Private Tour and wine tasting at the Casablanca Valley Vineyards
- Private Tour and wine tasting at the Colchagua Valley Vineyards of the Viña Lapostolle, and the Viña Vik
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- All Transfers and Sightseeing in A/C vehicles
- Personalized service of our Chile-based partners, and on-site logistical support to quickly address any unforeseen situation and provide the necessary assistance as the case may require
DAY 1 | Welcome to Santiago de Chile!
Upon arrival at Santiago International Airport, transfer to the hotel of your choice in Santiago for a four-night stay. Have the rest of the day to enjoy at leisure on your own and to rest.
- Standard Class: Eurotel Providencia
- First Class: Plaza San Francisco
- Deluxe Class: Grand Hyatt
DAY 2 | Discover Santiago and its famous Barrio de Concha y Toro | B.
After your breakfast, depart the hotel in Santiago to start an interesting visit to the center of the city of this beautiful and historic country in the Andean mountains. During the visit you will have a chance to get a panoramic view of Barrio Bellavista, a cultural and bohemian neighborhood, the central market, Mapocho station, a former train station that since 1994 has been refitted as a cultural center that hosts many kinds of events and the Bellas Artes Museum.
Following the tour of Bellavista, you will enjoy a guided visit at Santa Lucia Hill, a small hill in the center of Santiago. At its highest point there is a viewpoint popular with people visiting the city. Afterwards, the visit continues on to the main square of Santiago: Plaza de Armas, surrounding the square are some historical buildings such as Santiago’s Cathedral, a neoclassical church built in the late 1700s, the Municipality, a building that serves as the seat of the local government for Santiago, the Central Post Office Building, and the Chilean National History Museum, located in the Palacio de la Real Audiencia de Santiago. The trip continues with a panoramic view of the site of the former National Congress and then to La Moneda, the Presidential Palace of Chile.
The excursion continues with the visit to the Club Hipico de Santiago, a thoroughbred horse race track in Santiago which opened in 1870, and is Chile’s oldest racetrack and home to South America’s oldest stakes race. From there, follow thru Barrio Universitario, the University neighborhood, and then to the Barrio Concha y Toro, a neighborhood with a medieval-like street plan. Finally, you will ride and get a panoramic view of modern Santiago and arrive to the Faba Store, a shop of fine Chilean handicraft specialized in Lapislazuli jewelry, a blue stone mined naturally in Chile and Afghanistan. At the end of the tour, return to your hotel in Santiago. Afternoon at leisure.
DAY 3 | Casablanca Valley Vineyards | B.
We will depart from our hotel toward the Casablanca Valley, for a private visit of the second closest wine valley to Santiago. This valley is one of the most important ones for the production of premium white wines from Chile. The climatic conditions, specifically the shelter of the valley and the sea breeze due to the proximity to the coast, allow the production of world-renowned wines. During our trip, we will visit two vineyards. Visits depend on the availability or preference of those places.
In all the visits to these vineyards we will have the presence of an expert that will guide our tour, explaining in detail the operation of processing plants, aging cellars, and the qualities of the different varieties of fine wines that we will taste. At the end of this trip, we will return to our hotel.
DAY 4 | Colchagua Valley: Viña Lapostolle and Viña Vik | B.L.
Today, during our private excursion, we will visit Lapostolle Vineyard in the Colchagua Valley. The tour will start in the reception room, and then we will go down the building to the fermentation room with the vats, the storage of the barrels in the first and second year rooms – in order to follow in detail the process that the grapes take through gravity to its end as the iconic wine of Lapostolle: “Clos Apalta.” The visit culminates in a tasting of three current wines each of Lapostolle’s lines; Casa, Cuvee Alexandre and Clos Apalta. Afterwards we will tour the Viña Vik. The winery is a great structure that is mostly buried in the middle of the land that surrounds it, to obtain significant energy savings and limited visual impact, leaving the vineyard as the main character of the landscape. Walking through the winery, you will understand the distinguishing needs of each one of the steps in the wine production process. Return to Santiago after lunch.
DAY 5 | Santiago / Home / or Next Destination | B.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. At the appropriate time transfer to Santiago International Airport to check-in for your onward flight home or your next destination.
PREMIUM WINES AND COUNTRY
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SANTIAGO UNTIL FEB 28, 2019
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Santiago: Hotel Eurotel Providencia is a four-star European style hotel located in the bustling district of Providencia, the business and tourist heart of Santiago. Attractions such as the Metro Zoo, the Museum of Fine Arts, the permanent local arts and crafts exhibit, quaint shops, art galleries, and local bistros are all within easy reach from the Eurotel Providencia.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Santiago: Plaza San Francisco: Hotel San Francisco Plaza offers 5-star accommodation, a spa, and free Wi-Fi, in Santiago. Located 200 meters from Universidad de Chile metro station, it is just a short walk to the center of Santiago. Rooms and suites at Hotel Plaza San Francisco are spacious and well-furnished. They are equipped with air conditioning, a desk, and a TV. All rooms include a seating area.
Hotel San Francisco Plaza features an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, and a fitness area. Facial and body treatments are available in the health spa. Massage services are also provided. All services are subject to availability. Additionally, guests are offered the possibility of a quick and convenient electronic check-in after their reservation has been made.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Santiago: Grand Hyatt Santiago: The hotel is steps away from ski resorts, while such landmarks as Cerro Santa Lucia, Parque Bicentenario and Costanera Center are just 20 minutes’ walk from the property. Grand Hyatt Santiago Hotel is also located near Museo de la Moda, Parque Araucano en las Condes and Parque Arauco Mall.
Grand Hyatt Santiago Hotel offers 308 modern rooms with marble bathrooms featuring a hairdryer, bathrobes, and towels. Most of the rooms overlook Andes Mountains enticing guests to enjoy a spectacular view. An electric kettle, a microwave, and kitchenware are also provided for self-catering.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: ecoamericatours.com/Aboutusterms. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the testimonials section in our website www.ecoamericatours.com/Aboutusreviews)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.