6-Day Visit Titicaca, Cusco & Machu Picchu – From $1,173 Adults / $911 Kids
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PUNO UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
When booking this travel program, our guests get to visit three of Peru’s most interesting sites, Lake Titicaca, Cusco and Machu Picchu. In a short period of time, our guests are able to appreciate three distinctive cultures, Aymara, Quechua and Inca. Our guests will enjoy a scenic bus ride while crossing of the Andes from Puno to Cusco with en-route stops to the La Raya, a natural border between Puno and Cusco and at some other interesting sites, such as: Racchi, the Temple of the Wiracocha God and Sistine-like chapel of Andahuaylillas.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodations in Puno with breakfast
- 3 Nights hotel accommodations in Cusco with breakfast
- 8 Meals (5 Breakfast and 3 lunches)
- Arrival transfer from Juliaca airport to hotel in Puno
- Stop at the Sillustani Shrines en-route to Puno at the pre-Inca cemetery of the Hatun Colla chiefs on the shore of Lake Umayo
- Round trip transfers Puno hotel / Puno Port Pier / Puno hotel
- Guided cruise of Lake Titicaca
- Guided visit of the Uros Floating Islands en-route to Taquile Island
- Guided visit of Taquile Island
- Guided Bus Transfer from Puno to Cusco with stops en-route
- Half Day Guided Excursion of Cusco and Sacsayhuaman Archeological Park
- Round trip transfers Cusco hotel/train station/ Cusco hotel
- Round trip train ticket Cusco/ Aguas Calientes/Cusco
- Guided visit to the Machu Picchu Citadel
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu/Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees during Cusco and Lake Titicaca excursions
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Departure transfer Cusco hotel to Cusco airport
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- On site logistical support of our Peru-based office
Day 1 Arrive Puno (Juliaca airport) / Lake Titicaca
Transfer to the hotel of your choice for a two night stay. While driving from Juliaca airport to Puno, stop en-route for a visit of the Sillustani pre-Inca Shrines.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Tikarini
- First Class: Jose Antonio Puno
- Deluxe Class: Libertador Lake Titicaca
Day 2 | The Floating Islands of the Uros and the Island of Taquile | B.L.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will enjoy a full-day exploration by boat of Lake Titicaca. The first stop will be to visit the Floating Island of the Uros where you will learn about this pre-Inca community that took refuge on the waters of this lake, running away from the Incas and also from the Spaniards. The journey will continue across the lake to visit the Island of Taquile, a place in which the settlers still maintain their ancestral traditions and colorful typical clothes. This will be a great opportunity to explore the island and get the best view of the lake. A typical lunch will be served before boarding the boat that will take you back to Puno.
Day 3 | Across the Andes to Cusco | B.L.
After breakfast, transfer to the Puno Bus Station to depart on the Andean Explorer Bus to Cusco. On the way we’ll stop to visit the attractions this beautiful and off-the-beaten-path route has to offer:
Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial site this side of Tiahuanaco. Characterized by a series of platforms, the ruins also reveal some lito-sculptures and tombstones, all witnesses of a pre-Inca civilization, possibly one at the origin of the Andean culture of the Altiplano.
La Raya: The highest pass on the route between Cusco and Puno, La Raya is 4,335 meters above sea level. Beautiful landscapes await you, as well as the animals that are symbolic of the Andes: llamas, alpacas and vicunas. This is a region situated between two cultures, Quechua and Aymara, as well as a composite of two terrains: the dry and arid highlands and the more verdant Quechua valleys and rivers.
Raqchi (God Wiracocha Temple): Located 121 kilometers from Cusco, this Inca temple is monumental: 100 meters in length, 26 meters in width and 14 meters in height. Divided in two naves, each of these still retain the base of eleven giant columns. The base of the walls consists of Imperial Inca stonework with a top section of adobe. Adjacent to the temple, we can see many storehouses, used for various purposes: military and religious.
Andahuaylillas Chapel: Referred to as the Andean Sistine Chapel because of its magnificent frescoes, the church is but one example of the mestizo baroque architecture typical of the Cusco School which was prominent in the 17th century. You will marvel at the ceiling of carved panels covered with gold leaf.
We will arrive in Cusco at the end of the afternoon for a transfer to the hotel of your choice for a three night stay with breakfast included.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Korikancha
- First Class: Jose Antonio Cusco
- Deluxe Class: J.W. Marriott
Day 4 | Spanish Colonial Cusco & Ancient Sacsayhuaman Archeological Park | B.
Balance of the morning at leisure. In the afternoon, we will enjoy a half-day tour combining Sacsayhuaman and Cusco Historic Center and it will start visiting the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman. The first stop will be at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. We will then head for Q’enqo, the ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate an altar for sacrifices, and then will continue on to Tambomachay, the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that we will visit the Temple of the Sun, known as Korikancha, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral that reassures invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquistadors. Important Note: People are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts. Taking photos is not allowed inside the Cathedral.
Day 5 | Machu Picchu Exploration | B.L.
Morning transfer to the local train station to board the Expedition Train (Standard Class) or the Vistadome Train (first or deluxe class) for a day trip to the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu. During the journey, we will appreciate several landmarks in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including the hanging bridge that signals the start of the Inca Trail. The railway follows the course of the Urubamba River, also known as Vilcanota River, climbing down and entering a canyon until we reach Aguas Calientes; the town that is located at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain. After getting off the train, we will board the mini-bus that will take us up the winding road to Machu Picchu; the Sacred Citadel of the Incas that is considered one of the New Wonders of the World. The Lost City of the Incas will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy will be all around us. After a well-paced guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area and then After lunch, train back to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 6 | Continue to your next destination | B.
At the designated time, van transfer to the Cusco airport for your onward flight, either back to Lima or to continue with the next Insider Journey of your choice
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PUNO UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
|CATEGORY||SINGLE||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD2||TRAIN CLASS|
2Children 2-11 years old can apply rate of triple accommodation. Breakfast included. Hotels allow only 1 child per double room.
VISIT LAKE TITICACA, CUSCO & MACHU PICCHU LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Puno: Casa Andina Tikarani Hotel: Puno is a city known for its combinations of new and old worldtraditions. Located on the banks of Lake Titicaca, Puno offers unique shops and boutiques, authentic Peruvian gastronomy and an upbeat night life. Unlike many cities, Puno has interspersed parks with native vibrant flowers and trees throughout the main walkways keeping the “concrete jungle” stereotype at bay.
Casas Andina Tikarani is a quaint medium sized Inn that promotes the concept of social comforts and inviting atmospheres. The ambiance is very relaxed, with a large fireplace in the lounging area and a beautiful courtyard filled with vibrant blends of local flora. Although the Inn is only five minutes from the downtown area of Puno. The rooms are decent sized with comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms. TV, safety deposit boxes, Wi-Fi and climate control are available with every room.
In Cusco: Casa Andina Koricancha Hotel: The hotel is removed from the traffic, hustle and bustle of the center but still just 3 blocks from Cusco Plaza de Armas. An atmosphere of spaciousness and serenity, spread across 2 sprawling, connected 18th-century manor houses and 2 peaceful interior colonial patios. Just steps from Koricancha (the Inca Temple of the Sun) and Santo Domingo church. All the bedrooms feature one Queen or 2 Twin beds warmly decorated with Cusco textiles, and include either writing desks or breakfast tables, closets with safes, cable TV, heating system, Wi-Fi access, and more. Oxygen is available upon request.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Puno: Jose Antonio Hotel: We are located in front of the majestic and sacred lake of the Incas, Lake Titicaca, just 10 minutes away from the city of Puno, Jose Antonio Puno offers the comfort and warmth of home you deserve. We have 106 comfortable rooms (24 Singles, 69 Doubles, 8 Triples and 5 Suites), all equipped with Cable TV, radio and alarm clock, Mini-bar, Hair dryer, Electrical Safety box, two telephones with national and international direct dialing, Internet access, wired and wireless, dual voltage 110/220v, laundry service, and a beautiful view of Lake Titicaca.
In Cusco: Jose Antonio Hotel: The Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel is located in the heart of Cusco’s archaeological centre, the oldest city of America. A few minutes away from the Main Square, this recently built hotel has a modern architecture, with a fine colonial touch. The 6-stories building is one of the highest hotels in the city, offering excellent views over the city of Cusco. All the 126 rooms are divided among 5 floors and on the rooftop you can enjoy a solarium, the Jacuzzi and sauna. These can be quite refreshing after a full day of sight-seeing in the beautiful city of Cusco or in the nearby Sacred Valley.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Puno: Libertador Lago Titicaca: The only five-star hotel in the region, is located on Esteves Island on the shores of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world. The hotel is only five minutes away from downtown Puno, 45 minutes from the Manco Capac International Airport in Juliaca and two hours from the Bolivian border. Libertador Lago Titicaca is considered the best hotel in Puno because of the services offered, such as restaurants, bars, business center, gift shop, gym, Jacuzzi and outdoor pool, which along with the warm hospitality from the highly trained personnel will make your stay a unique and memorable one.
In Cusco: JW Marriott: Cusco, “The Navel of the World.” It’s located a few blocks from the Main Square and surrounded by the main historical sites such as the cathedral, Qoricancha, and San Blas Neighborhood. Surrounded by ancient Inca ruins, the JW Cusco courtyard is the ideal place to unwind and admire the architectural structure of the hotel. The open area offers guests space for unique functions and events. All of our guest rooms are equipped with luxury bedding and hotel amenities, wireless Internet and the latest in technology. Upon request, all rooms have a supplementary oxygen enriched system. In addition, all bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub. Some of the rooms are built with the original Inca walls.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment:For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include:personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
|BOOK IT NOW||-OR-||REQUEST A FREE QUOTE|
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US