4-DAY ADVENTURE ON BOARD M/Y GALAPAGOS SOLARIS
FROM $2,595.00 ADULTS DOUBLE BASIS – $2,076.00 CHILDREN
AVAILABLE FOR TUESDAY ARRIVALS IN BALTRA UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
Our shortest route gets the most out of just four days on the Galapagos Islands. It combines the exclusive bird-island of Genovesa with the popular highlights of South Plaza and Santa Fe, giving an excellent first impression of the archipelago. Some of the visitor’s sites include Darwin Bay, Prince Phillip’s Steps, Barrington Bay, Kicker Rock and more.
Solaris welcomes you on-board to discover the unique wonders of the Galapagos Islands with your own eyes. We will take you around the remote and most exceptional islands of the archipelago. Solaris is one of the larger 16 passenger yachts on the Galapagos Islands, guaranteeing an intimate, comfortable and very exclusive experience.
- 4-Day/3-Night First Class Cruise Program
- Morning and afternoon explorations of the Galapagos Islands
- All meals
- Services of Certified Naturalist Guides
- Snorkeling Opportunities
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Transportation to/from the airport in Galapagos
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Personalized service of our Ecuador-based partners
Day by Day Itinerary: M/Y Galapagos Solaris – 4 Day – Tue to Fri
DAY 1 | TUESDAY | Baltra Airport
Upon arrival at Seymour Ecological Airport, a check-up is carried out first, to ensure that no foreign plant or animal species are introduced into the islands. Furthermore, your TCC (Transit Control Card) is stamped; this must be kept safe during your trip, as it has to be presented again on your return flight. In addition, entrance to the Galapagos National Park is due for entry (US $100), if this has not yet been paid. Your guide will meet you at the airport, assist you with the luggage, and accompany you on the short bus ride to the harbour of Puerto Ayora. Here you will climb aboard the M/Y Aqua! After greeting the crew and the captain, your cabins will be assigned to you and then you will enjoy your first lunch on-board.
NORTH SEYMOUR This islet is one of most visited sites, and it is teeming with birdlife. An easy circular path takes you through the archipelago’s most extensive colonies of blue-footed boobies and frigate birds. At the beginning of the breeding season, adult frigate bird-males blow up their vivid red pouches to impressive football-sized balloons. This is one of the few spots where you can compare the magnificent and the great frigate bird breeding next to each other.
DAY 2 | WEDNESDAY | South Plazas | B.L.D.
South Plaza is located at the east of Santa Cruz Island, and forms part of two islands known as Islas Plazas. Despite its small size, some of the most interesting and outstanding species of the Galapagos are found here. The Plazas land iguanas are smaller than their relatives found on other islands. There are several hybrid iguanas, a result of crossing a male marine iguana and a female land iguana; they are unique, recognisable at first glance by their black/grey color, with a land iguana’s crest, but face and tail of the marine iguana. The large population of iguanas is due to the presence of tuna, their favourite food. Swallow-tailed gulls nesting in the rugged cliffs are seen along with other seabirds such as Audubon shearwaters, red-billed tropicbirds, frigate birds and brown pelicans.
SANTA FE Located in the south-eastern part of the Galapagos, this island was formed from an uplift rather than being of volcanic origin, which is why it is mostly flat. There are some theories which claim that this could be the oldest island in the Archipelago. Santa Fe is home to a number of endemic species like the Galapagos Hawk, Galapagos snake, Galapagos mockingbird, rice rats and one of the two species of lands iguanas of the islands.
After disembarking into the beautiful and clear waters you will be in contact with one of the many sea lion colonies. Along the trail, many salt bushes can be seen as well as the giant prickly pear cactus – gigantism is a characteristic of oceanic islands. There are many possibilities to snorkel with playful sea lions and tropical fish.
DAY 3 | THURSDAY | CC Fausto Llerena | B.L.D.
After discovering and learning about the difference of Espanola Island tortoises with those from other islands, you will have the opportunity to take amazing photographs of the tortoises at the breeding center!
The tour starts at the information booth of the GNP. The trail continues to the Van Straelen interpretation Center, the breeding center and from there will be a path- this is where you can see the tortoises of Española Island, ending in the tortoise exhibit corral. Tortoises of this corral are accustomed to humans; it is an excellent spot to be photographed with them!
CORMORANT POINT The peninsula of Cormorant Point forms the extreme north cape of Floreana, which formed from smaller volcanic cones, covered by tropical dry forest (palo santo). At the landing beach, you will be welcomed by a small Galapagos sea lion colony. The green sand on this beach contains a high percentage of glassy olivine crystals which have been blown out by the surrounding tuff cones. The ‘flour sand’ beach on the southern side of the peninsula is made up of even finer white coral sand which feels very smooth on the feet. Parrotfish have pulverised it, grinding the calcareous skeletons of living coral. You can spot schools of stingrays who love the sandy bottom to hide themselves. During the first months of the year, Pacific green turtles come ashore to bury their eggs.
DAY 4 | FRIDAY | Dragon Hill | B.
Dragon Hill boasts two key-species which are very likely to be seen during every visit to the Galapagos, though not too commonly distributed throughout the islands: Galapagos land iguanas and American flamingos. You will climb a hill with giant opuntia cacti where these ‘dragons’ feed and breed. Although they are quite shy and elusive, you stand a fair chance of seeing the success of this project with your own eyes.
The short walk crosses the coastal vegetation zone, as well as the somewhat higher arid zone with vulnerable tropical dry forest. In the warm and wet season in the first half of the year everything turns green. Evergreen giant prickly pear cacti with internal reservoirs used a different survival tactic in this dry climate to the leaf dropping palo santo trees; in the end both were successful. Moreover, this is a very photogenic spot as well, with breathtaking panoramas over the bay and towards an intriguing steep volcanic spout of red lava that overlooks the area. Dragon Hill has become popular because of its saline lagoons behind the beach; these contain algae and shrimp and attract seasonally foraging American flamingos. Dragon Hill is the best location on Santa Cruz to observe them.
BALTRA AIRPORT It’s time to say goodbye to Galapagos! It’s been a pleasure accompanying you on this unique trip and hope to see you again very soon!
Assisted by the naturalist guide and some crewmembers, the dinghy will bring you and your luggage to the Seymour Ecological Airport, where we will take the shuttle back to the airport.
In case you have booked your trip for a longer stay with us, we would be welcoming any potential new fellow passengers to the yacht, and continue our trip to the next visiting site!
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR TUESDAY ARRIVALS IN BALTRA UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD2||SINGLE**|
|Ocean View Suite||$2,595.00||$2,595.00||$2,595.00||$2,076.00||$5,190.00|
|Ocean View Single Cabin||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$2,855.00|
² Child rate applies to one child under 12 yrs. old sharing accommodations with two adults and using existing beds.
|VALID FOR TUESDAY ARRIVALS IN BALTRA ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:|
In Galapagos Islands: M/Y Galapagos Solaris. This beautiful and modern yacht comprises comfort and relaxation into one. There’s a special and unique feature that can’t be underestimated- this Galapagos cruise is 100% solo traveller friendly! You can forget about single supplement headaches and join one of our 5 main deck cabins! Furthermore, our trained crew & cruise director, assisted by our naturalist guide, will be ready to serve your every need, making your stay as comfortable as possible.
M/Y SOLARIS Plans
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
- Deposit: A $900.00 per person deposit is required to activate the booking process. Due to the popularity of the destination and the high demand for space, early reservations are strongly encouraged. Additional deposits may be required by suppliers, if so you will be notified.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected date is not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available date. We should have confirmation of the suggested alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 90 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international airfare, a $500.00 local airfare, as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed. The Galapagos National Park Fee ($100.00 per person) and the Galapagos Immigration Card ($20.00 per person), as well as Fuel Surcharges (if any) are not included.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US