7-Day Mashpi Cloud Forest, Otavalo, and Quito
From $3,998.00 Adults – Double Basis / $1,665.00 Children
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN QUITO UNTIL DEC 19, 2019
This Program is Fully Customizable
A seven-day, one-of-a-kind Travel Experience of Ecuador’s Andean World, from colonial and modern Quito, to the fertile valleys of Otavalo dotted with beautiful Haciendas and the spectacular beauty of the Mashpi Cloud Forest Reserve, home to the Mashpi Lodge, a member of the National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World. This is a journey along the history, the spirituality, the flavors, the customs, traditions, and legends of the Ecuadorian Andean Region.
- 4 Nights Deluxe Boutique hotel accommodations in Quito with taxes and breakfast
- 2 Nights Deluxe lodge accommodations at the Mashpi Lodge in the Cloud Forest Reserve
- All meals while at the lodge
- All Lodge’s planned activities, including a ride through the forest on the Dragonfly, a cable-driven system of “gondolas”
- Guided Quito City Excursion & Middle of the World Monument
- Guided Otavalo Excursion with lunch at a Hacienda
- Transfers, tours, and excursions on A/C vehicles on shared basis (unless private services are indicated)
- English-speaking Guide Service during tours and excursions
- Meals as per itinerary: B= Breakfast, L= Lunch. D= Dinner
- All entrance fees
- On-site logistical support services of our Quito in-country offices to quickly address any unforeseen situation and provide the necessary assistance as the case may require
DAY 1 | Welcome to Quito, Ecuador!
Meet and greet service at the Quito airport and private transfer to the Patio Andaluz Boutique Hotel (or best available) for a three-night stay with breakfast and taxes included.
DAY 2 | Guided Excursion of Quito & Middle of the World Monument | B.
Visit the old Spanish Colonial District of Quito with its beautiful plazas and unique churches. The Spanish architecture converts Quito in a very special place. After the visit of the old town, we will take you to the south side for a magnificent view of the city from El Panecillo lookout point. A visit to the Middle of the World monument is also scheduled. Mitad Del Mundo is one of Quito’s most famous attractions, situated about 10. Km. to the north of Ecuador’s Capital. In 1736 a French scientific expedition came to Ecuador to determine the position of the Equator. On the sight there is a monument, which houses an Ethnographic Museum. Here you will learn about life styles, clothing, and utensils of different ethnic groups of Ecuador. Just outside Mitad Del Mundo there is an interesting open-air museum called “Inti-Ñan,” which explains our solar system, the position of the equator and its effect on gravity; also interesting displays of Ecuadorian ancient cultures and their ways of life. Return to the City by mid-afternoon and drop off at your Hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
DAY 3 | Guided Discovery of the Otavalo Andean Region with lunch at a Hacienda | B.L.
We begin our travels north of Quito, towards Otavalo, visiting the small village of Calderon, known for its unique and colorful ornamental ‘baked-bread’ dolls (figuras de masapán). We then continue along the Pan-American Highway to Guayllabamba to taste one of Ecuador’s endemic fruits (the chirimoya), stopping en route to admire the region’s beautiful landscape and snow-capped mountains, making a short stop at San Pablo Lake before arriving at Otavalo. Here we visit the busy textile market located at ‘Poncho Plaza’, famous as one of the largest open-air markets in South America. Find all kinds of handcrafts including tapestries made on old-Spanish weaving looms, and even older pre-Columbian back strap looms. Stop for Lunch at a Hacienda. Enjoy some free time to shop (and haggle) with the friendly Otavaleños. In the early afternoon we visit a colonial hacienda for lunch. We then head to the small artisan village of Cotacachi and return to Quito in the late afternoon/early evening.
NOTE: Tour stops may be different than those listed
DAY 4 | From Quito to the Cloud Forest Reserve at the Mashpi Lodge | B.L.D.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. At the appropriate time, meet your local host for a shared ride to the Mashpi Reserve. On arrival, enjoy lunch and begin partaking on the lodge’s activity program.
During your three days / 2 nights stay at the Lodge all meals and lodge’s activity program features are included. Also, guests will be able to enjoy the unique and thrilling experience of gliding over and through the canopy of the incredible Mashpi Reserve on the Dragonfly, a cable-driven system of “gondolas” that extends approximately 2 km (1.26 mi) through the forest, providing a birds-eye view unlike any other way of seeing the forest through the trees. Mashpi Lodge Accommodations in Wayra Rooms.
DAY 5 | Exploring the Mashpi Reserve | B.L.D.
Shafts of light filter through the canopy… The aroma of forest plants and flowers… The swirl of clouds through branches and trees… The sound of rain drops cascading onto leaves… This is the world of the forests on the western slopes of the Andes Mountains, regarded as one of the most biologically-diverse ecosystems on the planet. Everywhere you look, you find life, in all its varied, surprising, and multi-coloured forms. Nowhere is this truer than within the Mashpi Rainforest Biodiversity Reserve. The Reserve enjoys a privileged position, harboring both cloud forest and rainforest. A profusion of plant and animal species has adapted to these environments, creating an incredibly rich ecosystem which is still revealing its secrets to science, still mysterious, still magical.
DAY 6 | Morning Activities at the Lodge / Mid-morning return to Quito | B.L.
After an early breakfast, enjoy your last activity at the lodge. At the designated time, share a ride back to Quito; a box lunch is included en-route. Check-in at the Patio Andaluz hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 7 | Quito to your next destination | B.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appropriate time, private transfer to the Quito airport to check-in for your onward flight. Or partake in another Adventure to either the Amazon or the Galapagos Islands.
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR ARRIVALS IN QUITO UNTIL DEC 19, 2019
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 ROOMS)||CHILD2||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
¹ Triple Occupancy share existing beds.
² Child rate applies to up to 2 children 3 to 11 years old, sharing accommodations with two adults and using existing beds.
In Quito: Patio Andaluz Hotel is located in the heart of the historic “Quito Antiguo”, it was declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1978.The hotel is an official National Treasure and holds centuries of history within its walls. It was part of the original Solaris (original building sites) that constituted the city of San Francisco de Quito by the time of its foundation. Patio Andaluz is surrounded by churches, museums and national monuments. This upscale, boutique hotel lies a 3-minute walk from Plaza de la Independencia, and a 5-minute walk from Parque La Carolina.
With a maximum capacity of 63 guests, the Patio Andaluz Hotel offers 11 suites and 21 standard rooms, a restaurant, a cava-bar, a library, and well-appointed amenities throughout the hotel without leaving aside the traditional value that is being offered in its typical colonial style. The elegant, colonial style rooms offer period furnishings, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs with cable channels, and desks. They also come with seating areas and hardwood floors, and suites add a 2nd floor, and separate living room with a sofa.
The hotel offers free parking and a breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include a formal restaurant with courtyard seating, a cozy bar with stone walls, and an elegant library. There’s also a lobby lounge and a solarium.
In Mashpi Reserve: Mashpi Lodge. Mashpi is more than a five-star Lodge in the forest: it was conceived and is meant to be one-of-a-kind Travel Experience where the material features of the property are just the ideal complement for an unbeatable contact with the fauna, flora, geological, geographical, ecological, climatic, scenic and historic features of one of the most remarkably biodiverse corners of the world, now protected as a Nature Reserve.
The sophisticated and strikingly-contemporary Lodge is designed as the ideal springboard for exploring the unique world of the Mashpi Reserve, located in the heart of the Equatorial Chocó Bio-Region, regarded as one of the planet’s most important “hot spots” of biodiversity, just three hours from Quito, the capital of Ecuador. A hideaway in the forest, only accessible to its privileged guests and located on a scenic plateau, Mashpi features amazing views of the surrounding forested mountains right up close through its floor-to-ceiling panoramic glass windows.
Mashpi Lodge was built with the latest techniques for sustainable construction and is designed to blend perfectly with its natural environs. It features contemporary, minimalist decor, mixing warm earth tones, notes of bright color, clean lines and striking angles and vistas: a luxury cocoon amidst the cloud and tropical forests, a unique natural world just steps away, ideal for discovery, exploration, contemplation and relaxation.
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
- Deposit: A $900.00 per person deposit is required to activate the booking process. Due to the popularity of the destination and the high demand for space, early reservations are strongly encouraged. Additional deposits may be required by suppliers, if so you will be notified.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- Meal Codes: B=Breakfast / L=Lunch / D=Dinner.
- All tours and excursions services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC