A Hotel-Based Galapagos Holiday Adventure with Daily Arrivals
From $1,998.00 Adults – Double Basis | Family Plans Available
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SANTA CRUZ, GALAPAGOS ISLANDS UNTIL DEC 15, 2019
When Charles Darwin first explored the Galapagos, he did it by boat. Back then, there was no other choice. Today, visitors to the Galapagos Islands may enjoy a comfortable stay at a first class hotel while enjoying daily yacht cruises to as many as five islands. With our very popular hotel-based Galapagos Savvy Explorer you will be on the water only during your day yacht excursions to nearby islands where you will have plenty of opportunities to view exotic animals, enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and nature hikes. During your island-based activities, you will experience an encounter with giant Galapagos Tortoises, wow at the impressive Gemelos (Twins) Craters, and learn about the theory of evolution during your visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station.
- Meet and greet service at the Baltra Island airport
- Arrival transfer to Puerto Ayora with a stop at the Twin Craters volcanic formation.
- On arrival day, an afternoon visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station
- Your choice of: Four (4), Five (5), Six (6), or seven (7) nights A/C first class hotel accommodations in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island.
- All meals, service charges and applicable taxes
- In addition to your excursions in Santa Cruz Island, you will enjoy Guided Day Yacht Cruises to the Islands of North Seymour, Bartolome, Plazas, Santa Fe, or Isabela. The 4 nights program includes two Islands, with the 5 nights program you will visit three Islands, the 6 nights program features four Islands, and when booking the 7 nights program you will visit five islands.
- Morning Nature Walk to Tortuga Bay in Santa Cruz Island with time for swimming and snorkeling
- Afternoon visit to the Highlands of Santa Cruz to view the Giant Tortoise and the Lava Tunnels.
- Snorkel equipment (mask and tube) on board
- Services of local English-speaking guides
- Departure transfer to the Baltra Island airport
- On-site logistical support of our Island-based partners
- Additional services available at the hotel: Free Wi-Fi in social areas, Safe Box, Exclusive pool for guests, Water refill station in the hotel reception, Computer use in the social area – library. Welcome drink. Detailed briefing of the tour program on day of arrival.
DAY 1 | Mainland Ecuador to the Galapagos Islands | L.D.
Welcome to Santa Cruz Island in the Galapagos: On arrival meet and greet service at the Baltra Island airport by your local host. Board the airport shuttle bus for an escorted transfer to the Itabaca Channel (separating Baltra and Santa Cruz Islands) Ferry Pier, where you will board the public ferry boat for a short water transfer to the Santa Cruz Island disembarkation station for a land transfer to Puerto Ayora, where the Silberstein hotel is located. En-route, enjoy a visit the Twin Craters Volcanic formation. Check-in at the hotel, enjoy lunch, and later partake on a visit of the Charles Darwin Research Station.
DAY 2 through 7 | Partaking on the Santa Cruz Excursions; a morning visit to Tortuga Bay, and an afternoon visit of the Santa Cruz Highlands.
During your stay, you will also enjoy yacht excursions with lunch on board* to the number of islands included in your selected program: Bartolome, North Seymour, Plazas, Santa Fe and Isabela Island. In *Isabela lunch is served at a local restaurant.
Bartolome Island Yacht Excursion. It is one of the youngest and smallest islands of the archipelago located near Santiago Island. It is named after the naturalist James Sullivan Barholomew, who was a lieutenant in the British navy and who, together with Charles Darwin, gave the islands its fame. Among its charming attractions is the Pinnacle or better known as “Pinnacle Rock,” this is a huge formation of black lava that has eroded over time. Near Pinnacle Rock you will appreciate two beautiful crescent shaped beaches. This is the perfect territory to observe the Galapagos penguins swimming in tropical waters. On the beach located to the south of the island there are also sea turtles, stingrays, Galapagos sharks and other marine species
North Seymour Island Yacht Excursion: This island was formed by an uplift of its rocky lava base beneath the ocean. It is mostly flat and arid, with some vegetation that includes cactus, Palo Santo, and salt bushes. There is a road or circular trail for visitors of approximately 2 km long that crosses the interior and will take you to explore the rocky coast. One of its greatest attractions is to watch the frigate birds with their huge red pouches hanging from their necks. The males inflate their gular pouches when they try to court or draw the attention of a female frigate bird. These birds are also well known for stealing the food from the blue-footed boobies, since the boobies are excellent fishermen and the frigates do not have the ability to dive. For this reason, the frigates in North Seymour depend on the success that the pikemen have in fishing for their own survival. Depending on the time, you will see the comical dance or mating ritual performed by the blue footed boobies. Sometimes the boobies nest right on the hikers trail, so you should be careful and not step on them when you walk around. Up-close, you will be able to see the nests of many of these species, including the gulls, frigates, and yellow trinators.
Plaza Island Yacht Excursion: “Plazas Norte” is known for its scientific research, while the southern island is one of the smallest but most diverse islands in the archipelago. Only 130 mts. wide, it was formed by the pressure of the tectonic plates found in the Galapagos. The turquoise waters of the canal contrast brilliantly with the white sand and black lava of the coast. The rocks have formed thin with some cactus around, highlighted by the colorful zayapas crabs. The path gradually continues to the highest part of the island towards the ravines that allow you to observe the ocean to the south where the swallow-tailed gulls nest. Tropical birds, Nazca boobies, and blue-footed boobies follow the currents of the wind. This place is famous for having one of the largest colonies of land iguanas, and a species resulting from the crossing of terrestrial iguana females and marine iguana males that is the hybrid iguana, unique in Galapagos.
Santa Fe Island Yacht Excursion: With 24 sq. kms. and 60 meters above sea level, it is an almost central island being an incredible place to visit with its bay of turquoise water, protected by a natural barrier of rocks on which you can see colonies of sea lions and sparrow hawks flying over. It is home to one of the two species of land iguanas in the islands, its main foods are the leaves and fruits of the large and thick cactus. Crabs, night herons, sea iguanas, mockingbirds, land pigeons, and the Galápagos sparrow hawk are frequently seen. The bay in all its length and width is an excellent place to swim and snorkel with sea turtles, rays, wolves, and different fish in the crystal clear and warm waters. Another attraction is the presence of giant tunas, which have a wider trunk than on any other island.
Isabela Island Yacht Excursion – Tintoreras Bay. This incredible island is the largest of the Galapagos Islands. It was named in honor of Queen Isabella I of Castile. In the very early morning, you will leave from Santa Cruz to Isabela Island. Once you arrive you will visit Tintoreras Bay on a 30-minute tour where you will observe blue footed boobies, sea lions, and penguins. Within this tour you can visit the wetlands consisting of a complex of trails and lagoons to observe the four species of mangroves, lava formations and various birds such as flamingos, curlews and more. After visiting these places, you will go to a restaurant to taste a delicious lunch. In the afternoon, the tour continues with a visit to Tintoreras Islet which is located south of the town of Puerto Villamil, here you can go snorkeling. In the middle of a bay of calm turquoise waters, you can see sea lions, sea turtles, marine iguanas, and rays among others. There is also a crack where you can observe blue sharks. The return to Santa Cruz is approximately at 5:30 PM.
Santa Cruz Day Excursion: Morning Hike to Tortuga Bay. Afternoon visit to the Santa Cruz Highlands. After an early breakfast, meet your guide for a one hour nature walk to Tortuga Bay. During the walk you can observe several kinds of finches and cactus throughout the trail. Tortuga Bay takes its name because it is a nesting place for sea turtles. We will walk along the shore where you can see marine iguanas that contrast with the beautiful landscape of fine white sand. It is not advisable to take a bath there due to the strong currents, for which reason you will visit a quiet beach where calm sea waters and mangrove formations will give you a well-deserved rest. The return journey takes you along the same path to return to the hotel, the guide will indicate the time to start the afternoon tour. After a well-deserved rest the tour continues to the highlands of Santa Cruz, home to the largest population of giant tortoises on the Galapagos Islands. During the trip it is possible to experience the change in climate and vegetation that exists between the low lands of Puerto Ayora and this area that is more temperate and humid. Many private farms settle in this region and their agricultural activity is combined with their livestock and the care of the endemic species that exist there. The highlands of Santa Cruz are ideal for birdwatching to spot birds like the patillo, the pachay, and the witch bird. Before returning, you will experience an exciting walk through the lava tunnels, formations that originated while superficial lava cooled in contact with the atmosphere. At approximately 4:00 PM you will be back at the hotel
DAYS 5, 6, 7 or 8 | End of Your Selected Galapagos Program / Santa Cruz / Baltra Island Airport to Guayaquil or Quito | B.
Upon completion of the selected program, an escorted departure transfer from the Santa Cruz hotel to the Baltra Island Airport will be provided to our guests:
- For the four (4) nights program transfer will be provided on day five
- For the five (5) nights program on day six
- For the six (6) nights program on day seven
- For the seven (7) nights program on day eight
Important Note: Yacht excursions are provided on share tour-boat basis. Tour Operations in Galapagos, may change due to climate conditions and National Park regulations, which determines the navigation days to the included islands. The order of the visits might be altered in order to render better service and to guarantee the amount of excursions as well as the safety of the operation. Isabela Island $10.00 per person pier fee is payable on-site
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SANTA CRUZ UNTIL DEC 15, 2019
|PROGRAM SELECTION||2 ADULTS
1 CHILD – 1 ROOM
2 CHILDREN – 1 ROOM
Family Plan Rates apply to up to 2 children up to 11 years old, sharing accommodations with two adults and using existing beds. Passport must be presented at check-in.
In Galapagos Islands – Santa Cruz: Hotel Silberstein. Located in Puerto Ayora on the Island of Santa Cruz, Silberstein Hotel is just a five minute walk from the Charles Darwin Research Station. With 24 rooms, standard amenities and an unforgettable dining experience, the Silberstein Hotel is a great option for visitors to Galapagos who prefer enjoying daily navigations to the different islands, or are looking for the one-of-a-kind Galapagos diving experiences. All the rooms feature with free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, ceiling fans and seating areas. While at Silberstein Hotel enjoy the best of the Ecuadorian Gastronomy as well as international cuisine at the Aqua Restaurant. The waterfall in the swimming pool provides the perfect setting to sip a cocktail while relaxing in the sun after a day exploring the amazing Galapagos Islands.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation: A $900.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 90 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed. The Galapagos National Park Fee ($100.00 per person) and the Galapagos Immigration Card ($20.00 per person), as well as Fuel Surcharges (if any) are not included.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: ecoamericatours.com/Aboutusterms. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the testimonials section in our website www.ecoamericatours.com/Aboutusreviews)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC