8-Days Panama off the beaten path & the San Blas Islands – From $2,052.00 Adults / $1,007.00 Children
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PANAMA
Panama Canal Train Crossing, Panama City and Miraflores Locks, Portobelo Old Spanish Fort and San Blas Caribbean Islands and Beach Adventure
This week-long vacation program combines the wonders of Panama City, from the colonial and historic district to the Panama Canal, with the wonders of nature in the San Blas Islands. During this experiential journey, you will be amazed while enjoying a train ride as you travel alongside the Canal. Learn first-hand about the works of the century old Panama Canal. Experience the magic of living cultures and folklore, when visiting with the Kuna people, and indulge yourself and let the sun warm you at the pristine San Blas Islands where you will slow down and immerse in the Caribbean vibes.
- 5 nights in Panama City at the hotel of your choice with breakfast
- 2 nights lodge-like accommodations in over the water cabins in San Blas Islands with all meals
- 14 meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners)
- Meet and geet service at the Panama Airport
- Private round trip transfers Panama Airport/City Hotel
- Private tour of the city and visit to the Miraflores Lock with lunch
- Train Ride from Panama City in the Pacific to Colon in the Caribbean
- Private excursion to the Portobello Old Spanish Fort with lunch
- Round trip airfare Panama City/ San Blas Islands
- Farwell Dinner Show in Panama City**
- All transfers and Sightseeing in A/C vehicles
- Personalized service of our Panama-based office
Day 1 | Welcome to Panama.
Meet and greet service at the Panama City Intl. airport and private transfer to the hotel of your choice for a three-night stay with daily breakfast and taxes included:
- Standard Class: DoubleTree by Hilton
- Superior Class: El Panama Hotel & Casino
- Deluxe Class: The Bristol Panama Hotel
Day 2 | City Sightseeing Excursion & Panama Canal Visitor Center | B.L.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast, meet your guide at the lobby for a City Excursion and Canal Tour. Visit to Panama Viejo, the first city founded in the isthmus by Spanish conquerors at the beginning of colonization. The remaining ruins are the vestiges left by Pirate Henry Morgan, who sacked the town in 1671. The second colonial city of Panama, Casco Viejo, was built in 1673. The architecture of this area is exquisite including French, Italian, and Spanish styles. As you are driven through the new Panama City, you will realize that it is one of Latin America’s most modern cities. Lunch at a Local Restaurant. The last stop will be at the Miraflores Locks to witness the workings of the Panama Canal. Return to your hotel in the afternoon.
Day 3 | Pacific to Atlantic Transcontinental Train Crossing and Portobello Old Spanish Fort | B.L.
After an early breakfast at the hotel, your driver will call for you for a private transfer to the Train Station where you will board the transcontinental train in Balboa on the Pacific side. Enjoy an extraordinary train ride as you travel alongside the Canal until we reach Gatun Lake in the Atlantic side. Your driver and guide will wait for you at the Colon station to begin your visit of Portobelo.
During the 17th and 18th centuries, the Port of Portobelo served as a Spanish Fortress and Caribbean ship terminal. Products such as species, gold and silver coming from Peru and other Spanish Colonies passed through to the pacific side to await ships to transport them to Spain. Portobelo was the victim of various pirate attacks, the best known being the attack by Henry Morgan. The small island of Drake, where his remains are located, is another attraction. We will visit all the ruins of the colonial port, the customhouse where the treasures and gold were stored and the Portobelo church, where the famous Black Christ statue rests. After lunch, return to Panama City by A/C bus.
Note: Not available on Sat, Sun or during Panama national holidays
Day 4 | Panama City / San Blas Islands in the Caribbean | B.L.D.
Early morning departure for a 20-minute flight to El Porvenir airstrip (airfare included) on Panama’s Atlantic Coast. Transfer by motorized dugout canoe to the Yandup Island Lodge on the Island of Ukupseni for a two-night stay in an over-the-water cabin. The Lodge has private showers and toilets. Visit the surrounding islands and home to the Kuna Indian whose culture, traditions and beautiful beaches remain virtually untouched. Relax at one of the numerous beautiful beaches. Enjoy lunch and dinner of delicious San Blas seafood. While at the lodge all meals are included.
Day 5 | Enjoying San Blas Islands at your Own Pace | B.L.D.
Rent (or bring your own) snorkelling gear and explore the beautiful reefs. You can also tour a neighbouring island and swim in the crystal clear waters. Relax in the white sandy beaches or in a hammock while enjoying the San Blas Islands.
Day 6 | San Blas / Panama City | B.
Early morning return to San Blas for flight back to Panama City (airfare included) for a two-night stay at the hotel of your choice. Balance of the day is at leisure for independent activities.
- Standard Class: DoubleTree By Hilton
- Superior Class: El Panama Hotel & Casino
- Deluxe Class: Bristol Panama
Day 7 | Panama City at Leisure. Evening Farewell Dinner | B.D.
Enjoy your last day in Panama relaxing and/or shopping. In the evening, you will be transferred to Las Tinajas Restaurant to enjoy a farewell folkloric dinner show**.
**If operating at booking time, if not, this feature will be substituted by a dinner at a local typical restaurant.
Day 8 | Panama / Home | B.
At leisure until transfer to the International Airport for your home bound flight.
PRICES PER PERSON STARTING AT US$2,052.00
– SHARING DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS –
PANAMA OFF THE BEATEN PATH & THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS LODGING
In Carebbean Island: Yandup Island Lodge, is a family owned lodge with seafront and overwater cabins in a small private island near the Playon Chico community in Kuna Yala. The island is surrounded by coral reefs and a small beach with white sand and crystal clear water. We have six cabins over the water and four seafront cabins equipped with private bathrooms, double and single beds with orthopedic mattresses and mosquito nets, ceiling fans, 24 hour electricity powered by solar panels, hammocks and a 360° balcony with an incredible view. The island also features a dining room over the water, with local seafood, fish, vegetables and fruits, with a 180° view to the sea, uninhabited islands, mangroves, mainland and the Playon Chico communiry. We have Kuna boats for traditional fishing and traditional sailing.
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Panama City: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Panama City – El Carmen is an upscale hotel in Panama City located in the city’s financial district. A 4-minute walk from the nearest metro station, this upmarket hotel is 4 km from both the Panama Canal Museum and the historic district of Casco Viejo, within walking distance of fine Central American dining, shopping, and casinos.
Enjoy amazing panoramic views from the hotel’s rooftop pool, whirlpool, and bar. Other amenities being offered are a gym, business center, laundry service, beauty salon, airport shuttle, cookies on arrival, and free parking. Start your day with their expansive DoubleTree complimentary breakfast buffet, and choose from a wide variety of cooked, cold, and heart-healthy food options and cooked-to-order omelets.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Panama City: El Panama Hotel & Casino. At Hotel El Panama Hotel & Casino, iconic architecture, tropical ambiance, and modern design merge to create the only resort-style destination in the Panama City financial district. Enjoy the experience of a historical tradition, good service, and hospitality. Since welcoming our first guests in 1951 as El Panama Hilton, we have proudly held the distinction of being one of the finest hotels in the country.
Situated in the center of downtown Panama City, our Hotel offers a spectacular view from its gardens to one of the main avenues of the city, as is the Via España. Surrounded by shopping centers, banking, and entertainment area. Designed to meet the needs of discerning business and leisure guests, the hotel features acclaimed restaurants, a state-of-the-art convention center and the largest, most beautiful hotel pool in Panama City.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Panama City: The Bristol Panama is set in a striking, art deco-inspired high-rise. This upscale financial district hotel is 4 minutes’ walk from El Carmen metro station and 6 km from historic Panamá Viejo. Bristol Panama is one of the city’s premier addresses for executive and holiday stays. Annually recognized as the “Best Hotel in Panama” and among the “Top 10 Hotels in Latin America” by Condé Nast Traveler, this legendary hotel envelops each room in an embrace of uncompromising urban style and sophistication. A short walk brings you to fashionable Balboa Avenue and notable Panama City, Panama attractions that include the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo, Panama Viejo, Metropolitan National Park, and the Bio-Museum designed by Frank Gehry.
This 125-room upscale hotel is a refined retreat for the discerning world traveler, positioning guests at the epicenter of Panamanian culture, shopping, dining and the headquarters of international finance and trade. Beautifully appointed room and suite accommodations are enhanced by a charming colonial decor and artwork by the finest artisans in Panama. Exquisite luxury refinements include Frette cotton sheets, Hungarian down-filled pillows, and plush duvets. Italian marble bathrooms with glass-enclosed shower, deep soaking tubs, hairdryers, and Molton Brown bath amenities.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserve the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL-SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you. We encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly, and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and a great relationship with key suppliers.
- The positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC