7-Day Puerto Varas to Bariloche Lake Crossing – From $1,422.00 Adults Double Basis
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PUERTO VARAS, CHILE
- 6-Night hotel accommodations with taxes and breakfast included (3 in Puerto Varas, 1 in Peulla, and 2 in San Carlos de Bariloche).
- Arrival Transfer in Puerto Montt
- Excursion to Frutillar
- Full Day Excursion to Chiloe Island
- Visit to Petrohue River Falls en-route to Peulla
- Andean Crossing to Bariloche by 4X4, boat and motor coach
- Arrival Transfer in Bariloche
- Short Circuit Excursion
- Departure Transfer in Bariloche
- Transfers, tours, and excursions on A/C vehicles on shared basis (unless private services are indicated)
- English-speaking Guide Service during tours and excursions
- Meals and entrance fees as per itinerary
- On-site logistical support services of our corresponding in-country offices to quickly address any unforeseen situation and provide the necessary assistance as the case may require
DAY 1 | Welcome to Puerto Montt – Puerto Varas, Chile!
Upon arrival to the Puerto Montt Airport you will be met by your local host for your transfer to the nearby city of Puerto Varas. Check-in at the hotel of your choice for a three-night stay with breakfast and taxes included. Enjoy the rest of the day to explore the city at your own pace.
- Standard Class: Park Inn Puerto Varas
- First Class: Cabañas del Lago
- Deluxe Class: Cumbres Patagonicas
DAY 2 | Exploring Frutillar & Llanquihue Lake | B.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and the morning at leisure. In the early afternoon you will begin your scenic guided excursion to Frutillar. En-route to Frutillar, we travel along the western shore of Llanquihue Lake. Along the way, we will pass through the small industrial town of Llanquihue, where we will take a gravel road used by the region’s farmers, giving us a chance to see local agricultural and livestock activity. We will also have the opportunity to see along the route beautiful old German houses, used as lodgings. Once we arrive in Frutillar you can feel a different atmosphere, combining peaceful living, bright gardens, colorful houses, tea rooms, and the great Teatro Del Lago (Theatre on the Lake).
DAY 3 | Sailing to Chiloe Island | B.
After breakfast we will begin our full day tour, which will allow us to visit the northern part of Chiloé Island famous for its scenic landscapes and the many picturesque wooden churches which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. After a 30 minute ferry ride, watching a wide variety of birds, we will get to the little village of Chacao to visit the Main Square and the church. We will go on to Dalcahue, where we will stop at the town’s waterfront to enjoy a walk and a visit to the market, museum and church. We continue to Castro City through Llao-Llau coastal road. After lunch (lunch is not included), we head on to visit the city’s Gamboa River stilt houses, the main square and its church. Afterwards, we continue to a little village known as Nercón to visit the last church of our journey before returning to our hotel in Puerto Varas.
DAY 4 | Andean Crossing to Bariloche / Puerto Varas / Petrohue Falls / Todos los Santos Lake / Peulla | B.
After breakfast we will begin the Andean Crossing excursion. Puerto Varas and Bariloche, two cities full of magic and charm, are the starting points of this marvelous trip crossing the Andes. Enjoy the discovery of two of the best kept secrets, nestled in the heart of the mountain range, Peulla and Puerto Blest that offer unique landscapes, bright emerald lakes, native rainforests, smells of an untouched nature and the warmth of our people. We begin our journey traveling around the southern shore of Llanquihue Lake. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the German colonization and the agriculture of the region. Once inside Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, we will visit the world famous Petrohué River Falls. Then we will move on to the origin of this river, Todos los Santos Lake, where navigation among volcanoes will allow us to reach Peulla; a small ecological village in the middle of the Andes. Check-in at the Natura Hotel for an overnight stay with breakfast and taxes included.
DAY 5 | Andean Crossing to Bariloche / Peulla to Bariloche, Argentina | B.
After breakfast we will begin an early morning departure for Bariloche. We will get on a comfortable 4×4 and go across the Andes Mountains, gazing at the stunning landscapes of the Valdivian Rainforest, until reaching Puerto Frias. From there, we take a short navigation across Frias Lake going along a winding road, before reaching Puerto Alegre. We will then transfer to Puerto Blest, where after lunch (lunch is not included) we will begin the last navigation of the Andean Crossing, along the most important branch of Lake Nahuel Huapi, Blest Branch. Get your camera ready to take some good shots of Centinela Islet where the founding father of National Parks in Argentina, Perito Francisco P. Moreno, is buried. Navigation ends in Puerto Pañuelo, on Llao Llao Peninsula, where a last transfer will take us to our final destination, Bariloche. Check-in at the Hotel of your choice for a two-night stay with breakfast and taxes included.
- Standard Class: Kenton Bariloche
- First Class: Cacique Incayal
- Deluxe Class: Alma del Lago Suites
DAY 6 | Bariloche Short Circuit with Cerro Campanario | B.
The tour begins downtown, more precisely on Ezequiel Bustillo Avenue, a winding path that runs along Lake Nahuel Huapi. In the first section, in addition to urban architecture, the tour passes by the houses of pioneers, by the Yacht Club and the Melipal neighborhood. As one moves away from the buildings, the landscape begins to change to appreciate the flora and cypress forests, maitenes, coihues and ñires, among other typical trees. In the summer, this road takes on a vibrant red and yellow color from rosehip bushes, plants of blackberries, raspberries and broom blooming in abundance. At kilometer 17 is the base of Cerro Campanario, which has a height of 1,050 meters and, through a chairlift, you will access its summit. At the 24th kilometer, we begin to see the San Eduardo Chapel, Pañuelo Port and Llao Llao Hotel. Remodeled and fully operational, the classical hotel is one of the most famous postcards of Bariloche, with panoramic views of the national park and Lakes Nahuel Huapi and Perito Moreno. Passing through Lake Escondido, leads us to the binding of Lakes Nahuel Huapi and Perito Moreno, which crosses the Narrows Bridge, located on the river of the same name. The circuit also shows the Highlander Cemetery, the village of the Swiss settlers and finally the panoramic lookout point of Lake Moreno, at kilometer 40. The way back begins at the El Trebol Lagoon to the junction with Avenue Bustillo, which leads back to the city center. In just 60 kilometers you can admire lakes, mountains and native forests of singular beauty.
DAY 7 | Bariloche / Next Destination | B.
At the appropriate time you will begin your transfer from your hotel in Bariloche to the local airport to check-in for your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON STARTING AT US$1,422.00
– SHARING DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS –
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Puerto Varas: Park Inn by Radisson Puerto Varas, located in a residential area on a hill in Puerto Varas, offers panoramic views of the city and Lake Llanquihue. It is minutes to Parque Philippi and Opitz House, and Puerto Varas Plaza de Armas, a 4-minute walk to the beach. The Park Inn by Radisson Puerto Varas is 33 km to El Tepual and 27 km to Puerto Montt Airport.
The 86 non-smoking rooms feature minibar, complimentary Wi-Fi, cable TV, phone, safe, double glazed windows to control temperature, in-room climate control – air-conditioning, comfortable beds and spacious private bathroom with shower/tub combination, free toiletries, and a hair dryer. Each room offers a panoramic view of the city as well as the surrounding natural environment.
The outdoor swimming pool (seasonal) is surrounded by beautiful lush gardens, pool umbrellas, 24-hour front desk, bar/lounge, business center, elevator/lift, express check-in, express check-out, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free self-parking (limited spaces), free use of nearby fitness center, laundry facilities, luggage storage, multilingual staff, and Porter/bellhop. The restaurant serves viewpoint Westphalia regional and international dishes with southern accents. With the family-like atmosphere and good service and location, this hotel offers a great option for a home-base to a wonderful Patagonian vacation.
In Bariloche: Kenton Palace Hotel is framed by Nahuel Huapi Lake and the mountains. These two elements create a spectacular picture of Patagonia Argentina. This upscale hotel is strategically located in the city of San Carlos de Bariloche, opposite the Civic Centre, 1 block away from the Commercial Centre, 200 meters to Nahuel Huapi Lake, a 3-minute walk to the Francisco Moreno Museum of Patagonia, 2 km to Catedral Alta Patagonia, 14 km to San Carlos de Bariloche Airport and 18 km to Cerro Campanario.
72 bright classically furnished rooms, overlooking the lake and mountains, provide flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, minibar, central heating, a safe and private bathroom with hairdryer and amenities. Some units offer panoramic view of the lake and the city. Suites add whirlpool tub and living area.
Amenities include complimentary breakfast, a gym, a spa with sauna, Scottish shower, massages and beauty treatments, an indoor pool, a kids’ playroom, a business center, free Wi-Fi throughout the property.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Puerto Varas: Hotel Cabaña del Lago overlooks Lake Llanquihue, is 1 km from the Iglesia del Sagrado Corazon and 2 km from Museo Pablo Fierro, Parque Philippi is a 6-minute walk, Puerto Varas Beach 8-minute walk, Puerto Varas Plaza de Armas and Puerto Varas Casino are both an 8-minute walk, Opitz House 9-minute walk.
157 bright smoke-free guest rooms and apartments. The rooms overlook the lake, have cable TV, free Wi-Fi, minibar electromagnetic lock, electronic safe, housekeeper, room service, private bathroom with hair dryer and free toiletries. All apartments have added features of a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, seating area with sofa bed, and balcony.
The hotel offers free buffet breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking, a restaurant serving local and international dishes, bar/lounge offering drinks and snacks, full-service spa providing massage therapy, podiatry and lymphatic drainage, indoor heated pool, fitness center, 3 meeting rooms, airport shuttle, childcare, child’s playroom, a garden, terrace, 24-hour front desk, and coffee/tea in a common area.
In Bariloche: Cacique Inacayal Lake and Spa Hotel is located at the edge of the town on the shores of Lago Nahuel Huapi. This sophisticated hotel is a 9-minute walk from local history exhibits at Museo de la Patagonia, Bariloche Casino (3-minute walk), Fenoglio Museum of Chocolate (3-minute walk), Panuelo Port (8-minute walk), and Civic Center Bariloche (8-minute walk). The Cacique Inacayal Lake Hotel was listed in the Travelers’ Choice Award 2016 Trip Advisor as number 12 of the 25 most popular hotels in Argentina. The hotel has 65 elegant rooms with designer furniture and an amazing view to the Nahuel Huapi Lake, king size bed, free Wi-Fi, phone, minibar, digital safe, individual heating and temperature control, flat screen TV LED 32”, digital safety box, desk, and modern bathroom with whirlpool bathtub, There are also 2 junior suites with bow window and balcony.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Puerto Varas: Cumbres Patagonicas Hotel. Escape to a refined haven and experience the enchantment of Puerto Varas. This 5-star alpine-style hotel is a mile from hiking in Philipi Park, and from art exhibitions at Galería Bosque Nativa. The hotel has dramatic views of Lago Llanquihue and the Osorno and Calbuco volcanoes. It artfully combines the intimacy and warmth of a Patagonian lodge with contemporary luxury and sophistication. Through its doors, Hotel Cumbres Puerto Varas is the perfect reflection of its surroundings, with expansive windows and native wood and stone design elements offering guests a true connection to the breathtaking landscape of southern Chile.
In Bariloche: Alma del Lago Suites & Spa is a 5 star luxury hotel located in a beautiful setting overlooking the Nahuel Huapi Lake and just a 5-minute walk from the town center, 15-minute walk from the Francisco Moreno Museum of Patagonia, 3 km from Catedral Alta Patagonia, and 20 km from Cerro Catedral. It is a perfect combination of stunning & charming setting, plus luxury & comfort of modern top of the notch Hotels.
Elegantly understated non-smoking rooms offering free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minibars, digital safety box, individual heating, seating area, and large windows overlooking the lake and the Cerro Catedral. Suites add living rooms or balconies with lake views.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Testimonials section in our website)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC