9-Days The Wonders of Colombia – From $1,321.00 Adults / $1,172.00 Children
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN BOGOTA
Enjoy partaking on private guided excursions in the capital city of Bogota with its Gold Museum, and the quaint city of Pereira, the magnificent Otun and Cauca Valleys, home to the beautiful coffee haciendas; hike to the Cocora Nature Reserve to view the tallest palm trees in the world, enjoy a walking tour of the Old Town section of Cartagena, ride a speedboat to the enchanted islands off the Cartagena coast for a chance to swim and snorkel. Enjoy all of these and more during your visit to Colombia.
- 8 nights hotel accommodations at your choice of hotels: 3 in Bogota, 2 in Pereira and 3 in Cartagena
- 10 meals (8 breakfasts, and 2 lunches)
- Private arrival and departure transfers from/to the Bogota, Pereira, and Cartagena Airports to/from the hotels of your choice.
- Two Private Tours in Bogota
- Two Private Tours in Pereira
- One Private Tour in Cartagena
- One Shared Caribbean Island Water Tour from Cartagena
- Applicable Taxes and service charges
- Entrance Fees to all included attractions and activities (unless otherwise indicated)
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Personalized service of our Colombia-based operational offices
- All Transfers and Sightseeing in A/C vehicles
Day 1 | Welcome to Colombia!
Meet and greet service at the Bogota International Airport. Assistance with luggage handling and private transfer to the hotel of your choice for a three-night stay with breakfast and taxes included.
- Standard Class: Dann Norte
- First Class: Dann Carlton
- Deluxe Class: Casa Dann Carlton
Day 2 | A Private Discovery of Bogota & Monserrate Hill | B.
Breakfast at the hotel followed by a private half day excursion of the historic center of the city. The first stop will be at Plaza de Bolivar for a stroll along the streets for a look of some of main buildings of the city, such as the National Capitol, “Casa de los Comuneros”; Casa de Nariño, which is the Presidential house; and the Santa Clara Church Museum. You will also visit the Gold Museum, exhibiting more than 34,000 pieces of metalwork from various cultures, the Quinta de Bolivar; Simon Bolivar’s house. Your excursion continues to the iconic symbol of Bogota, the Monserrate Hill rising up to 3,152 above sea level, where you may enjoy the best view of Bogota.
Notes: Gold Museum and Quinta de Bolivar closed on Mondays; instead, you will visit “Museo de Botero and Museo Casa de la Moneda”. Excursion not available on Sundays.
Day 3 | A Private Guided Drive around Bogota’s Countryside and a visit to the Salt Cathedral | B.
After breakfast, meet your private guide to begin today’s activity program: a scenic half day ride through the Zipaquirá Countryside. Zipa, as the locals call it, which name means ‘city of our Father’ in the language of the Chibcha. Back in pre-Columbian times, salt around the area was the most important commodity and the ‘salt cakes’ were the only currency for trading. Over time, technology improved and the Muiscas began to extract larger amounts of salt. As a result, an underground salt deposit was formed and it is where the Salt Cathedral was built, 180 meters below the surface. Inside, there is a chapel, “Capilla de los Mineros” built as a tribute to the Virgin “Our Lady of the Rosary of Guasá” (Guasá means ‘mine’ in Chibcha.) After the excursion, return to Bogota. Balance of the day is at leisure.
Note: This tour is not recommended for persons with mobility restrictions, claustrophobic and pregnant women.
Day 4 | From the Capital City to the Coffee Valleys of Pereira in the Center of the Golden Triangle | B.
After an early breakfast at the hotel you will be provide wit a private transfer to the Bogota airport for a flight to Pereira (airfare is not included). Pereira is a beautiful city located in the middle of Bogota, Medellin, and Cali, in the Central Range between the Otun and Cauca valleys. On arrival, you will be transferred to the hotel of your choice for a two night stay with breakfast and taxes included. In the afternoon, you will enjoy a guided visit to the “Hacienda San Alberto.” En-route, you will appreciate the natural and cultural coffee´s landscape declared by UNESCO as Human´s heritage. During your visit to the hacienda’s different places, you will learn all about the process of coffee in an interactive way. Then, you will have an introduction with an expert who will explain the characteristics and qualities of the traditional Colombian coffee. Next, you will enjoy coffee tasting of two types of coffees. Before you depart for the typical village of Buenavista, you will enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. In Buenavista you will have a short stop at the main plaza before heading back to the hotel.
- Standard Class: San Simon Boutique Hotel
- First Class: Sonesta Pereira Hotel
- Deluxe Class: Hotel Boutique Sazagua
Notes: The arrival time of the flight from Bogota to Pereira must not be later than 11:30 AM; otherwise, the excursion cannot be operated. The visit to “Hacienda San Alberto” is available from Monday to Saturday; on Sunday it will be replaced by a visit to the Coffee Process at “La Finca del Café” without the specialist coffee tasting.
Day 5 | The landscapes of Cocora Valley and the Village of Salento | B.L.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel Breakfast. At the appropriate time, meet your local host for a full day private excursion to the Cocora Valley to enjoy its landscape. Before introducing you to the nature reserve, your locally-based Eco-guide will greet you with a “Canelazo” (a local welcome drink), afterwards, you will be escorted on a nature hike to the Cloud Forest to admire the biodiversity of fauna and flora; here you will find the highest wax palm of the world; you may wish to thank Mother Nature and participate on a special ritual by planting some palms. Your excursion continues to the typical village of Salento for a walking tour of its colonial streets, craft workshops and the main viewpoint. After a typical lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 6 | From the Coffee Valleys of the Highlands to the Caribbean Beach in Cartagena | B.
Enjoy breakfast at your Pereira hotel. At the appropriate time, private transfer to the local airport for your flight to Cartagena de Indias in the Caribbean Coast (airfare is not included. On arrival, private transfer to the hotel of your choice for a three night stay with breakfast and taxes. Balance of the day is at leisure.
- Standard Class: GHL Relax Corales de India Hotel
- First Class: Dann Cartagena Hotel
- Deluxe Class: Hyatt Regency Cartagena
Day 7 | A Private Discovery of Old and New Cartagena | B.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. At the appropriate time, meet your local host for a half day private excursion of Cartagena de Indias. The tour starts at the modern neighborhoods of Bocagrande and Manga, where you will see the contrast between modern architecture and the beauty of the old houses from the twentieth century. Then, visit the Castle where the Spaniards sought to protect the city from the attacks of the English in the seventeenth century, “El Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas” .Before returning to your hotel, you will enjoy a walk around the historic Old Town downtown, visiting the San Pedro Claver Church and the Emerald Museum. Balance of the day is at leisure.
Note: Operates from Monday to Friday at 2:00 PM and Saturday, Sundays and National holidays at 9:00 AM.
Day 8 | A Day at the Beach in Cartagena‘s Isla Del Encanto | B.L.
After an early breakfast at the hotel you will be provide wit a private transfer to local pier to board a speedboat from Cartagena to “Isla Del Encanto,” located in Barú, the south part of the National Park “Corales del Rosario.” Enjoy the day swimming, relaxing, meeting the locals, or taking a nap. A typical lunch is included. At the appropriate time, you will take the speedboat back to Cartagena’s pier where you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Notes: Does not include Pier tax of approx. $8.00 USD per person, ticket to the Aquarium, snorkeling and additional aquatic activities. *This tour does not include assistance of bilingual guide.
Day 9 | Cartagena / Home or Next Destination | B.
At the appropriate time, private departure transfer from your Cartagena to the local airport for your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON STARTING AT US$1,321.00
– SHARING DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS –
THE WONDERS OF COLOMBIA LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Bogota: Dann Norte. Just 20 km from the El Dorado International Airport, the hotel is strategically situated within walking distance from the main shopping centers such as Unicentro, World Trade Center and the renowned Usaquén district. The hotel has 95 spacious, renovated rooms with anti-noise glass and 5 meeting rooms with capacity for events up to 550 people. The Solarium restaurant offers the best Colombian gastronomy with Mediterranean specialties.
In Pereira: San Simon Boutique Hotel. We are strategically located in the heart of Pereira, just 10 minutes from Matecaña Airport and surrounded by the city’s main financial institutions, shopping centres, theatres, restaurants and more.
San Simón Hotel Boutique has 24 rooms that are designed for guests travelling on business or on holiday. In addition, the establishment has a meeting room for up to 10 people, and the Gran Salón Simón Bolívar for up to 150 people. We adapt to the needs of clients to ensure the success of their business and family events.
In Cartagena: GHL Relax Corales de India Hotel. This is a hotel near the airport and historic center of Cartagena de Indias, ideal for both leisure and business. Our modern hotel offers a stay in which you will find modern and bright rooms all with ocean views and free Wi-Fi, a Peruvian à la carte restaurant, a gym, Spa area, swimming pool, meeting rooms … everything you need to relax or work.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Bogota: Dann Carlton. The hotel is 16 kilometers away from the El Dorado International Airport, and 15 minutes from shopping centers like Unicentro and Hacienda Santa Bárbara. Also you will have easy access to the financial and entertainment district. The hotel is closed to Teleport, 93rd St Park and the finest restaurants and bars, one of the best in the north of the city.
The hotel is the perfect combination between a classic, modern and elegant style. It has 7th floors with 139 refurbished rooms and 11 meeting rooms with capacity up to 1250 people, the best option with distinction, tradition, confidence and quality for accommodation and events.
In Pereira: Sonesta Pereira Hotel. Enjoy the view of the beautiful coffee landscape in the rooms with balcony of the tower or feel a closer contact with nature, in the rooms in villas located around the pool. Live a different gastronomic experience, with our two restaurants, Cook’s with a fresh menu, Garden menu and Rodizzio every Saturday and the restaurant Giratorio Octavo by Rausch, with a beautiful view, offers creative, author cuisine with the Rausch chefs original touch.
In Cartagena: Dann Cartagena Hotel is located in the city of Cartagena de Indias, in a superbly spot on the well known neighborhood El Laguito in Bocagrande, a privileged area with a growing hotel industry prepared to offer a pleasant and unforgettable experience in front of the Caribbean Sea.
The Dann Cartagena has a completely renovated infrastructure that offers its guests 104 comfortable rooms, a spectacular swimming pool with Jacuzzi and direct access to the sea where you can enjoy a quiet rest , taste our exquisite cuisine in the restaurant-bar and have some delicious cocktails in the more relaxed environment. Live the Dann experience!
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Bogota: Casa Dann Carlton. Located in one of the best districts from the city, just 5 minutes away from the beautiful 93rd St Park and different shopping centers such as Centro 93, Retiro, Atlantis Plaza and Centro Comercial Andino, where you can find exclusive stores, restaurants and banks.
The hotel has 326 rooms and special capacity for events up to 2300 people in its 13 meeting rooms. Within the hotel you will find Elixia SPA, the perfect place where you can create your own experience that will renew your strength and your vital energy.
Our restaurants Trattoria and Mediterranean are perfect combination of flavors, smells and experiences. The exclusive selection of spirits and martinis can also be enjoyed in our bar “Top 94”. The hotel has an exclusive executive floor, where you can find express check in and check out, private restaurant area, minibar, meeting rooms and personalized service.
In Pereira: Hotel Boutique Sazagua. Sazagua is a boutique hotel, restaurant and spa, located in the heart of the coffee hub declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2011. We are located in Pereira, Colombia, 15 minutes outside the city and the Matecaña International Airport. Our name pays homage to the Quimbaya civilization that inhabited the region.
We have 15 exclusive rooms, all surrounded by native trees, exotic birds, lush gardens and a large collection of tropical palms and flowers; our essence is to provide warmth of home making our guests feel like family. We design unique experiences tailored to our visitors inside and outside the hotel, recreating the experiences of daily life in the Colombian mountains.
In Cartagena: Hyatt Regency Cartagena. Start your morning with a cup of our famous coffee and explore centuries of history in this world famous destination. After a day of discovering recharge at Aqoral Spa, dine in one of our two fabulous restaurants and take a dip in our infinity pools with expansive Caribbean and city views found only at Hyatt Regency Cartagena.
Gaze out at the Caribbean Sea or the bustling Cartagena Port from the floor-to-ceiling windows in your guestroom or suite at Hyatt Regency Cartagena. With 261 stunning spaces to choose from, you’ll find the conveniences of home coupled with Colombian creativity, from the décor, to the thoughtful amenities. Relish in spaces filled with natural light and features such as walk-in showers, lit vanity mirrors in the bathroom, and a separate seating area. While away from home, Hyatt Regency Cartagena is the perfect place to unwind.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserve the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL-SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you. We encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly, and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and a great relationship with key suppliers.
- The positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC