4-Day Treasures of Rapa Nui and Easter Island – From $510 Adults Double Basis
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS
Few areas in the world possess a more mystical pull than Easter Island. Visit the “graveyard of stone giants” at Rano Raraku volcanic crater where time stands still and the mysterious Moai remain. Travel to the ceremonial village of Orongo where ancient stone houses are adorned with petroglyphs. Experience Ana Kai Tangata’s spectacular location on the seafront, one the most interesting caves on the island. Here you will see its cave paintings and the legends that surround it. If you are looking for a trip of a lifetime, visit the treasures of Easter Island–Rapa Nui and its many faces of mystery!
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodations with tax
- 4 Meals (3 breakfasts and one lunch)
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport transfers
- Tour Ahu Vaihu and Akahanga Temples, the Rano Raraku Volcanic Crater, the Ahu Tongariki Ceremonial Platform with its 15 huge Moais, and the Anakena Beach
- Tour Ana Kai Tangata cave, the Vinapu archaeological site, the Rano Kau Volcano, the Orongo ceremonial village, the Ahi Akivi Platform with its seven Moais, and the Ana Te Pahu caverns
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Entrance fees to featured locations
- All Transfers and Sightseeing in A/C vehicles
- Personalized service of our Chile-based partners, and on-site logistical support to quickly address any unforeseen situation and provide the necessary assistance as the case may require
DAY 1 | Welcome to Easter Island!
Arrive at the Hanga Roa Airport from mainland Chile. Transfer to the hotel of your choice on Easter Island.
- Standard Class: O’tai Hotel
- Standard Plus Class: Taha Tai Hotel
- First Class: Iorana Hotel
- Deluxe Class: Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa (Kainga Sea View rooms)
DAY 2 | Moais Route – Anakena Beach | B.L.
ANAKENA AND THE LOST CULTURE OF RAPA NUI: Departure from our hotel at Easter Island to the east of the island to visit the Ahu Vaihu and Akahanga, temples formed by platforms or stone altars where Moais (huge monolithic figures carved of volcanic stone) and Pukaos (the hats or topknots formerly placed on top of some Moai statues) are assembled together. Continuing our trip, we will go to Rano Raraku, a volcanic crater formed of consolidated ash, which contains also a lagoon. The volcano has a historical significance for the island, because on its slopes the Moais were carved. Currently there remain 397 of these impressive sculptures.
Then we will visit the most surprising Ahu, a ceremonial platform, on the island. Ahu Tongariki has got 15 huge Moais. But in fact, it is Te Pito Kura which has the largest statue erected on an Ahu, the Moai Paro, with 10 meters high and 85 tons in weight. Next to Te Pito Kura we will find a large spherical stone which is identified as the navel of the world–Te Pito o Te Henua.
Finally, we will finish our day resting at Anakena, the most popular beach on the island. Besides its natural beauty, what makes it a unique beach is a row of Moais which turn their backs to the sea. Definitely Anakena beach is a unique landscape to enjoy before returning to our hotel at Easter Island. Box lunch is included.
DAY 3 | Rano Kao Volcano – Orango – Ahu Akivi | B.
ORONGO, TANGATA MANU CEREMONIAL. We will depart from our hotel at Easter Island to visit the Ana Kai Tangata cave, which has drawings of stylized birds on its walls representing the Manutara (sea swallows). Its precious egg was the center of the annual birdman competition.
Then we will visit the area of Vinapu, archaeological site which has large basalt slabs made carefully fit, and similar to Cuzco Inca constructions. Also we will appreciate the Rano Kau Volcano, a place where you will find a lake with small islands of reeds, lush vegetation and micro fauna.
Finally, we will arrive to the Orongo ceremonial village, where the Birdman ceremony was performed which designated together with the king who would be the spiritual and political leader during a period of one year. The sacred character of human body shrunk and large beak is sculpted in many engraved stones. Return to our hotel at Easter Island.
In the afternoon: Ahi Akivi, the seven Moais. We will depart from our hotel at Easter Island to Ahu Akivi, one of the few platforms on the island where the Moais seem to look to the sea. Legend tells that these structures represent the seven explorers sent by the King Hotu Matu’a before his colonization voyage.
After this visit we will continue through the Ana Te Pahu caverns, an intermediate before finally reaching Puna Pau, a small red scoria crater in which were made the Pukao, a kind of hats or topknots placed on top of some Moais of the island. Return to our hotel at Easter Island.
DAY 4 | Hanga Roa Airport – Home / Next Destination | B.
After breakfast at the hotel, at the appropriate time, transfer to the Hanga Roa Airport for your onward flight.
PRICES PER PERSON STARTING AT US$510.00
– SHARING DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS –
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Hanga Roa – Easter Island: O’tai Hotel, Our hotel offers the best location on the island to fully enjoy your stay. We’re located on one of the main streets, just 2 minutes walk to the sea and all services you need. Hotel O’tai is a perfect place to stay on easter island, features 40 rooms with ensuite bathrooms with garden view and swimming pool view. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.
STANDARD PLUS CLASS HOTELS
In Hanga Roa – Easter Island: Hotel Taha Tai, is located on the coast and only 5 minutes from the urban center of Hanga Roa, which makes it an excellent alternative to stay and enjoy all the activities and services offered by Easter Island. About 15 minutes walking, from the hotel, is one of the “must see” of Easter Island, this is the ceremonial center of Tahai, perfect place to enjoy one of the most spectacular sunsets you can see.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Hanga Roa – Easter Island: Iorana Hotel is a place for your well being that invite you to rest and recharge your batteries all year long. The hotel has two swimming pools, one in the big garden and the other formed in the sea cliffs. Guests can enjoy beautiful sunsets from the pool chairs. Hotel rooms have wood walls, ceramic floors, television, phone and mini-bar, with views on the ocean or on different beautiful landscapes.
Every day, a buffet breakfast is served. Moreover, the restaurant offers local and international specialties and media pension is included. We have 25 years of experience providing our services in a pleasant atmosphere.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Hanga Roa – Easter Island: Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa. Our hotel is unique, both for the environment, for its designs, materials and history. Its identity is a magical appeal. Our arquitecture, which blends with the enviroment through its grass roofs, colors and textures of the island, is a tribute to the Orongo ceremonial village, whose vestiges are still near volcano Ranu Kau, an iconic place of Rapa Nui culture, (There was the celebration the election of Tangata Manu , or Birdman, the most important ceremony of the second period of the island).
The reception and lounge area is based on the ancestral “boat house”, a building that is shaped like a boat set reversely, as seen in the stone ruins of the island. The village concept allows a harmonious interplay between spaces, also linked by a landscape design of native species, where nature and inhabited surfaces merge with respect and admiration for Easter Island. The hotel has high-efficiency electrical equipment, massive solar lighting, and LED technology, it also has self-supplying irrigation water through a purification system of wastewater. All detergents and cleaning products used at the hotel are made under environmental management systems.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: Easter Island $90.00 P.P. Entrance Fee, personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Testimonials section in our website)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC