4-Day Amazon Adventure at Posada Amazonas – From $818.00 Adults
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PUERTO MALDONADO UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
Welcome to the Southern Peruvian Amazon region of Tambopata / Lake Sandoval. Our guests are met at the Puerto Maldonado airport and driven to the wharf where they board their boat for a scenic ride to the Jungle Lodge. While at the lodge, all meals and excursions are included. While checking their travel documentation at the Lodge’s Puerto Maldonado office guests are asked to pack only the necessary gear for their jungle stay, and leave the rest at the lodge’s check room. By doing this, our guests are helping the environment as the boats will have a lighter cargo and will save fuel.
Our Amazon Adventure at Posada Amazonas is a four-day vacation package based at the Tambopata / Lake Sandoval area in Puerto Maldonado; featuring river, land based and other natural history experiences in the South Peruvian Amazon.
- Personalized meet and greet service at the Puerto Maldonado Airport
- Round trip van/boat transfers Puerto Maldonado/Lodge/Puerto Maldonado
- 3 nights lodging at the Jungle Lodge
- 9 Meals (3 breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners)
- Daily Activity Program*as featured by the lodge
- English speaking Guide Service
*activities subject to change due to weather conditions and other factors as determined by the Innkeeper
Day 1 | Arrive Puerto Maldonado / The Amazon | L.D.
Airport transfer to the pier. Boat transfer to the Posada Amazonas Lodge. Begin your Amazon Adventure with all meals and excursions included. Afternoon Canopy Tower. Enjoy the forest view from a 30 meter scaffolding canopy tower. See the vast expanses of standing forest cut by the Tambopata River winding through the middle. Now and then toucans, parrots or macaws are seen flying against the horizon, or mixed species canopy flocks land in the treetop next to you. Dinner and lecture.
Day 2 | Tres Chimbadas Oxbow Lake, Nape Medicinal Trail and Night Walk | B.L.D.
Enjoy a 30 minutes boat ride to Tres Chimbadas Oxbow Lake and a 45 minutes nature hike. Paddle around the lake searching for the resident family of nine giant river otters (seen by 60% of our lake visitors) and other lakeside wildlife such as caiman, hoatzin and horned screamers. After lunch, boat downriver to the Centro Ñape. This communal organization produces medicines out of forest plants and administers them to patients at their little clinic. Walk the local trail and learn about the different medicinal (and other) uses of selected plants. After dinner, hike out at night, when most of the mammals are active but rarely seen.
Day 3 | Parrot Clay Lick, Ceiba Trail Hike | B.L.D.
A short walk leads you to the clay lick. Enjoy seeing dozens of parrots and parakeets descend on most clear mornings to ingest the clay on a river bank. Species such as Mealy and Yellow- headed Amazon, Blue-headed Parrot and Dusky headed Parakeet descend at this clay lick. Partake on a two hour nature walk along the Ceiba Trail to view a giant Ceiba tree; during the hike learn about the natural history of the rain forest and its principal taxonomic groups. After lunch, boat downriver to the Infierno Community Farm to view the diverse variety of popular and endemic Amazon crops.
Day 4 | Continue to your next destination | B.
At the designated time, boat and van transfer to the Puerto Maldonado Airport for your onward flight (Airfare NOT included), either back to Lima or to continue with the next Insider Journey of your choice.
To complete your experience, we recommend combining Amazon Adventure at Posada Amazonas with any of our short programs to visit Machu Picchu and other great destinations in Peru:
- Fly Over the Nazca Lines & Paracas Bay – 1-Night Program
- Visit Cusco, Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu – 4-Night Program
- Visit Lake Titicaca, Cusco & Machu Picchu – 5-Night Program
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN PUERTO MALDONADO UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD SHARE TRIPLE*||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
* Up to 1 child – 10 years and under sharing a triple room with two adults
FIRST CLASS HOTEL
In the Amazons: Posada Amazonas Lodge has become a major attraction for those looking for a short stay in the rainforest with the promise of an authentic eco-tourist experience. This 30-bedroom rainforest lodge is perfect for your first taste of the Amazon’s natural wonders. The rooms overlook the tropical rainforest allowing guests to enjoy this unique ecosystem, even during their down time. Wild monkeys and birds are often visible from the signature windowless verandas, which also provide excellent ventilation. Each bed is equipped with its own mosquito net. Rooms are private but not soundproof. Each room has a spacious private bathroom with showers and hot water 24 hours a day. Electricity is available only in the common area and only until 10pm. Numerous kerosene lamps and candles provide the lighting. Posada Amazonas also contains a wellness and holistic center for massages and aromatherapy. What better way to discover the essence of the Amazon Rainforest?
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: Terms of Travel. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you. We encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC