4-Day Machu Picchu Overnight & Cusco Excursion – From $740.00 Adults
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN CUSCO UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
This time effective, short-length travel program allows you the opportunity to see the best of Cusco with visits to the temple of the Sun, the Old temple of the Puma, the Korikancha and the Old Quarter of colonial Cusco. Journey to the Machu Picchu Citadel for an exploration and spend the night at the hotel of your choice in the riverside village of Aguas Calientes, located at the bottom of the Machu Picchu Citadel.
Our Machu Picchu Overnight & Cusco Excursion 4-day vacation package includes visits to the temple of the Sun, the Old temple of the Puma, the Korikancha, the Colonial section of Cusco, and a train ride through the Sacred Valley en-route to the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 2-Night accommodations in Cusco and 1-Night in Aguas Calientes with breakfast
- 5 Meals (3 Breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner)
- Round trip transfers Cusco airport / hotel / Cusco airport
- Round trip transfers Cusco hotel / Ollantaytambo train station / Cusco hotel
- Half Day Guided Excursion of Cusco and Sacsayhuaman Archeological Park
- Round trip train / van ticket Cusco / Aguas Calientes / Cusco
- One Guided visit to the Machu Picchu Citadel
- One Round trip shuttle bus ticket Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees during Cusco excursion
- One Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- On site logistical support of our Peru-based office
Day 1 | Spanish Colonial Cusco & Ancient Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park Sightseeing Excursion
Welcome to the Imperial City of Cusco, the gateway to Machu Picchu. Transfer to the hotel of your choice for an overnight night stay.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Standard Cusco Koricancha
- First Class: Jose Antonio Cusco
- Deluxe Class: J.W. Marriott
Balance of the morning at leisure to get acclimatized to the altitude. In the afternoon, we will enjoy a half-day tour combining Sacsayhuaman and Cusco Historic Center and it will start visiting the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman. The first stop will be at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. We will then head for Q’enqo, the ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate an altar for sacrifices, and then will continue on to Tambomachay, the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that we will visit the Temple of the Sun, known as Korikancha, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral that reassures invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquistadors. Important Note: People are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts. Taking photos is not allowed inside the Cathedral.
Day 2 | Machu Picchu Exploration and Overnight | B.L.D.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu. During the journey, we will appreciate several landmarks in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including the hanging bridge that signals the start of the Inca Trail. The railway follows the course of the Urubamba River, also known as Vilcanota River, climbing down and entering a canyon until we reach Aguas Calientes; the town that is located at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain. After getting off the train, we will board the mini-bus that will take us up the winding road to Machu Picchu; the Sacred Citadel of the Incas that is considered one of the New Wonders of the World. The Lost City of the Incas will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy will be all around us. After a well-paced guided visit, we will have lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. Overnight and dinner at the hotel in the category of your choice:
- Standard Class: El Mapi
- First Class: Casa Del Sol
- Deluxe Class: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo
Day 3 | Morning at Leisure in Machu Picchu / Afternoon Return to Cusco | B.
Morning at leisure to continue exploring on your own. In the afternoon, take the train/ van back to Cusco. Transfer to the hotel of your choice for an overnight stay.
- Standard Class: Casa Andina Standard Cusco Koricancha
- First Class: Jose Antonio Cusco
- Deluxe Class: J.W. Marriott
Important Note: An extra visit to Machu Picchu requires an additional entrance fee and round-trip shuttle bus tickets; admission is limited and it is recommended that you purchase it when booking your travel program; additional cost for both of these services is $123.00 per person. With this additional self-guided visit to Machu Picchu, you will be able to see the Intipunku or Door of the Sun and the Inca Trail entrance to the citadel. Intense adventure seekers may wish to climb the Huayna Picchu; as there are only 400 daily spots available, we strongly recommend reserving it at time of booking. $153,00 Additional per person price for second entrance to the citadel and Huayna Picchu (Subject to availability); and round trip bus ticket. No meals or guide services are included for both of these options.
Day 4 | Continue to your next destination | B.
At the designated time, van transfer to the airport for your onward flight, either back to Lima or to continue with the next Insider Journey of your choice.
To complete your experience, we recommend combining Machu Picchu Overnight & Cusco Excursion with any of our short programs to visit other great destinations in Peru:
- Fly Over the Nazca Lines & Paracas Bay – 1-Night Program
- Discover Lima, the City of Kings – 2-Night Program
- Amazon Adventure at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica – 3-Night Program
- Arequipa, Colca Canyon & Lake Titicaca – 4-Night Program
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN CUSCO UNTIL DEC 15, 2020
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD SHARE TRIPLE*||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT||TRAIN CLASS|
* Up to 1 child – 10 years and under sharing a triple room with two adults
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Cusco: Casa Andina Standard Cusco Koricancha is a comfortable and cozy 54-room hotel, 100% non-smoking, located just 4 blocks from the Plaza Mayor of the city of Cusco. This spacious hotel is removed from the traffic, and hustle bustle of the center but still just 3 blocks from Cusco Plaza de Armas. An atmosphere of spaciousness and serenity, spread across 2 sprawling, connected 18th-century manor houses and 2 peaceful courtyards. Just steps from Koricancha (the Inca Temple of the Sun) and Santo Domingo church. All the bedrooms feature one Queen or 2 Twin beds warmly decorated with Cusco textiles, and include either writing desks or breakfast tables, closets with safes, cable TV, heating system, Wi-Fi access, and more. Oxygen is available upon request.
In Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes: El Mapi is a smart and contemporary hotel situated in the commercial village of Aguas Calientes, where you can admire and interact with the local residents and get a different perspective. The hotel is efficient, lively and people friendly; it welcomes a wide range of guests who expect an uncomplicated visit. You will be enlightened when you visit Peru’s most distinguished destination, the Machu Picchu Archaeological site. The hotel rooms are equipped with blackout curtains, 100% cotton sheets, down duvets, hypoallergenic pillows, cotton bath robes, and 32″ flat screen TVs. Step into the smart, contemporary and cozy confines of El MaPi, amidst the picturesque Machu Picchu Pueblo. The flowing lobby creates a sense of vitality. Lofty ceilings, panoramic windows and an open café allow natural light to filter between tall eucalyptus, creating an ambience of order and wellbeing.
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Cusco: Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel is located in the heart of Cusco’s archaeological center, the oldest city of America. A few minutes away from the Main Square, this recently built hotel has a modern architecture, with a fine colonial touch. The 6-stories building is one of the highest hotels in the city, offering excellent views over the city of Cusco. All the 126 rooms are divided among 5 floors and on the rooftop you can enjoy a solarium, the Jacuzzi and sauna. These can be quite refreshing after a full day of sight-seeing in the beautiful city of Cusco or in the nearby Sacred Valley. Spacious rooms and suites with double glazing windows, hair dryer, heater, safe deposit boxes, international direct dialing telephone, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and fully stocked minibar.
In Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes: Casa del Sol Machu Picchu is located in the middle of the honored and revered sacred lands in the village of Aguas Calientes. Nestled in the mountains, this boutique hotel gives visitors a true luxury experience and is a 5 minute walk to the Machu Picchu train station. Featuring mountain views and Andean textiles, the rustic-chic rooms have flat-screens TVs, safes and bathrooms with granite sinks. Wi-Fi is available. Enjoy dinner in a casual restaurant with exposed beams and views of Vilcanota River. Other amenities include a casual bar with a class on cocktail mixology, plus a spa area with a Jacuzzi, massages and Incan-inspired treatments. The hotel is surrounded by nature and splendor; it is located very close to the imposing buildings full of knowledge and wisdom where the fascinating Inca citadel was erected with stories yet to be fully told.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Cusco: JW Marriott Cusco Hotel This elegant hotel in a restored 16th-century stone convent on the site of ancient Incan ruins is a 5-minute walk from the colonial arcades of Plaza de Armas and Cusco Cathedral. The hotel is located a few blocks from the Main Square and surrounded by the main historical sites such as, Qoricancha, and San Blas Neighborhood. Some of the rooms are built with the original Inca walls and the windows facing the walls of the Incan ruins. Common areas (all non-smoking) feature period decor and artifacts. The hotel has 2 stylish restaurants with a courtyard featuring a bar; the perfect way to end a day full of adventures. Other amenities are a heated indoor pool, a hot tub and a spa. All of their guest rooms are equipped with luxury bedding and hotel amenities such as wireless Internet and the latest in technology. Upon request, all rooms have a supplementary oxygen enriched system. In addition, all bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub. The sophisticated rooms and suites feature Wi-Fi, flat-screens and whirlpool tubs. All also offer minibars, bottled water and safes. Room service is available 24/7.
In Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel. Popular with those heading to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 83 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest. Member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, the property has 12 acres of exquisite natural beauty, where 214 bird species – such as the golden-headed quetzal and the iconic Andean cock-of-the-rock – and the world’s largest native orchid collection (372 species) have been registered. Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel sits on 12 serene acres of natural paradise, just across from the train station of Aguas Calientes. It is located at 2,020 meters (6,627 ft.) above sea level the hotel occupies a private five-hectare (12.3-acre) mountainside reserve. After exploring the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, guests can enjoy the Unu Spa, which combines the classic nurturing with a mystical Andean approach. Natural products are derived from local botanical extracts (mint, eucalyptus and orchids), thus providing a pleasing spiritual, sensual and soothing experience. The first-class restaurant features stunning views of the Vilcanota River, and shares the secrets of Peruvian cuisine with a contemporary twist.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not include:personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US