8-Day The Gems of Costa Rica – From: $1,539.00 Adults Double Basis / $571.00 Kids
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SAN JOSE OR LIBERIA UNTIL DEC 7, 2020
Enjoy Costa Rica while visiting some of its more popular parks and reserves: from the rainforest of the highlands in Arenal, the wildlife reserve in Cano Negro, and the thermal pools of the Ecotermales Spa, to the exhilarating tree-top canopy zip lines and awe inspiring views from the hanging bridges in the cloud forest in Monteverde. Top your Gems of Costa Rica 8 days vacations off with a visit to the Manuel Antonio National Park and a relaxing stay at a resort in Manuel Antonio Beach, the Rainforest by the Sea.
- 7-night hotel accommodations: 3 in Arenal, 1 in Monteverde and 3 in Manuel Antonio Beach
- 9 meals (8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner)
- Private arrival transfer from either the Liberia or San Jose Airports to the Arenal Hotel of your choice.
- Premium Shuttle van/bus transfer from Arenal to Monteverde
- Private transfer from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio Beach
- Tour of the Arenal Volcano Park with an English-speaking guide.
- Admission to the EcoTermales Hot Springs and Thermal Pools
- Nature Cruise of the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge with lunch
- Canopy Zip Line at the Selvatura Adventure Park in Monteverde
- Hanging Bridges at the Selvatura Adventure Park in Monteverde
- Tour of the Manuel Antonio National Park with an English-speaking guide
- Applicable Taxes and service charges
- Entrance Fees to all included attractions and activities
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Departure transfer from Manuel Antonio Beach Hotel to Quepos airstrip
- Panoramic fligh to the San Jose Intl. Airport to connect with yor onward flight
- Personalized service of our Costa Rica-based operational office
- All Transfers and Sightseeing in A/C vehicles
Day 1 | Bienvenidos to Costa Rica!
Your EcoAmerica Tours representative will greet you at either the Liberia or San Jose International Airport, assist you with your luggage, and provide you with a private van transfer to the Rainforest of the Highlands in the Arenal Park (*) for a three-night stay in volcano view accommodations at the hotel of your choice (*), with breakfast and taxes included. Check-in is available after 2:00 PM. Balance of the day is at leisure enjoying the facilities of the hotel. We recommend a day time arrival (*).
- Standard Class: La Pradera Hotel
- First Class: Magic Mountain Hotel
- Superior Class: Arenal Manoa
- Deluxe Class: Arenal Kioro Suites Hotel & Spa (Couple’s or Family Suites)
(*) Listed hotels are subject to availability at time of booking; if not available, similar hotels in category and price range will be offered. The immediate transfer International Airport – Arenal requires arriving in Costa Rica at daytime; if your international flight arrives late in the afternoon, an overnight at a nearby hotel will be necessary and your itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
Day 2 | Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge | B.L.
After an early breakfast at your hotel, meet your guide for a transfer to the dock in the town of Los Chiles where you will board the river boat that will take you on a fantastic encounter with nature. The Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge is located in the Frio River and both are biological humid areas considered to be one of the richest in biological diversity in Costa Rica. Here you can find a great variety of resident and migratory birds. Your nature cruise will take you through tropical rain forest, pastures, and marsh, where you can see howler monkeys, spider monkeys, white-faced monkeys, three-toed sloths, reptiles like caimans, the Jesus Christ lizard, turtles, and an almost endless selection or birds. Around noon we will stop along the river for a typical Costa Rican lunch before heading back to Arenal.
Day 3 | Guided Tour of the National Park & EcoTermales Hot Springs & Thermal Pools | B.D.
Spend this morning at leisure exploring the grounds and the surroundings or just relaxing by the pool.
In the afternoon get ready for an excursion that begins when your certified bilingual naturalist guide picks you up at your hotel and after a short transfer takes you on to the far west side of the Arenal Volcano National Park. Your guide will explain you everything about the volcanoes formation and eruptions while exploring the primary tropical rain forest and admiring fantastic views of the majestic Arenal Volcano. At the end of the trail you will find the observation point, which offers the closest and most impressive vista of the volcano. During your exploration you will observe a great variety of plants, wildlife, magnificent lava rock formations and the beautiful Arenal Lake just in time for sunset!
After exploring the Arenal Volcano National Park, you will visit Ecotermales Hot Springs. This family owned and operated natural hot springs are heated right from the heart of the Arenal Volcano. This exclusive hidden gem combines the health and wellness benefits of the soothing hot springs with the incredible peace and relaxation of the surrounding rainforests of the La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano area, to provide a private, relaxing oasis during your vacation. While at Ecotermales Hot Springs you will enjoy a delicious Tico-style buffet-dinner, featuring a great variety of the Costa Rican cuisine as well as international dishes. After dinner, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 4 | Arenal / Monteverde, the Cloud Forest | B.
Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a scenic 3- 3 ½ hour premium class shuttle van (shared) transfer to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Private Reserve. Check-in at the hotel of your choice (*) for an overnight stay with breakfast and taxes included. Balance of the day is spent at leisure enjoying a visit on your own to the quaint town of Santa Elena.
- Standard Class: Monteverde Country Lodge
- First Class: Ficus Hotel
- Superior Class: El Establo Hotel (Deluxe Room)
- Deluxe Class: El Establo Hotel (Jr. Suite)
(*) Listed hotels are subject to availability at time of booking; if not available, similar hotels in category and price range will be offered.
Day 5 | Tree Canopy Zip Line and Hanging Bridges at the Selvatura Park / Manuel Antonio Beach | B.
Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel, and get ready for today’s adventure: the Tree-Top Canopy Zip-Line at Selvatura has some of the longest cables in Costa Rica and is the only one truly immersed in virgin forest. The tour is made up of 15 cables and 18 viewing platforms, traversing over two miles of forest and combining the thrill of the zip line with a unique perspective of the tree top canopy.
The Tree-Top Walkway – Hanging Bridges is the ideal cloud forest experience for those who wish to explore the beauty of the canopy at their own pace and appreciate the incredible array of vegetation and exotic bird life that the region has to offer.
At the appropriate time, one of our local drivers will provide you with a private transfer to Manuel Antonio Beach for a three-night stay at the hotel of your choice (*) with breakfast and taxes included.
- Standard Class: Tabulia Tree Hotel
- First Class: Costa Verde Hotel (Efficiency Room)
- Superior Class: La Mariposa Hotel (Ocean View Standard Room)
- Deluxe Class: Parador Resort (Premium Ocean View Room)
(*) Listed hotels are subject to availability at time of booking; if not available, similar hotels in category and price range will be offered.
Day 6 | Half Day Morning Guided Visit to the Manuel Antonio National Park | B.
Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel, followed by a guided visit to the park. During your visit, you will observe, learn about – all in its natural and breathtaking habitat, the secrets of a tropical rainforest. Watch sloths and numerous species of monkeys travel through the tree canopy, hunt for nocturnal silky anteaters and several types of monkeys or iguanas resting in the tropical rain forest, and listen to the songs of the various birds as they glide above your group, curiously looking for adventure. And if you are lucky, you might spot one of the only 1,000 remaining endangered Mono Titi or squirrel monkey, which live in only one location in the world, in our Manuel Antonio National Park biological corridor.
Important Note: The guided visit lasts approximately two hours. You may want to stay in the park to continue exploring at your own pace and enjoy unspoiled, un-crowded, pristine beaches. If you opt to stay in the park on your own, you will provide your own transportation back to your hotel. Balance of the day is at leisure. The Park is closed on Mondays.
Day 7 | Enjoying the Beach and Manuel Antonio | B.
Enjoy the beach at your own pace, venture into the countryside, visit the village of Quepos, or just relax by the pool at the hotel.
Day 8 | Manuel Antonio National Park / San Jose / Home or next destination | B.
At the appropriate time, departure transfer from Manuel Antonio hotels to the Quepos airstrip for a panoramic fligh to the San Jose International Airport to connect with yor onward flight.
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN SAN JOSE OR LIBERIA UNTIL DEC 7, 2020
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD2||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
HIGH SEASON: JAN 2 TO APR 30 & JUL 1 TO AUG 31, 2020
LOW SEASON: MAY 1 TO JUN 30 & SEP 1 TO DEC 7, 2020
¹ Triple Occupancy: Share existing beds.
² Children policy: Maximum two children up to 11 year old sharing the same room and bedding arrangements with 2 adults.
Maximum occupancy per room: 2 adults and 2 children OR 3 adults and 1 child.
THE GEMS OF COSTA RICA LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Arenal: La Pradera Hotel is a family establishment offering you a satisfying and memorable stay during your holiday in Arenal. The hotel gardens abound with many beautiful birds. Take a dip, cool off or just relax around a beautiful swimming pool and Jacuzzi. All rooms have a private terrace and a breathtaking view of the volcano. After a leisurely walk through the beautiful gardens, enjoy the best restaurant in the zone featuring national and international food. You may also share stories of your adventures over a cocktail or a variety of beers in the bar. To add to your comfort, amenities include air conditioning, cable TV and wireless Internet. La Pradera is located 2 km from the town of La Fortuna, on the road to the Arenal Volcano Park.
In Monteverde: Monteverde Country Lodge. Focused on family trips and looking forward to providing guests with the most typical Costa Rican lodging experience, Monteverde Country Lodge combines accessible prices with 20 years of tradition. The grounds’ neatly kept gardens, amenities and infrastructure create an experience of authentic Costa Rican hospitality. Gardens surround the wooden detailed rooms; patios, fountains and nice front corridors create an excellent combination for relaxation and enjoyment. Amenities include a charming restaurant, bar, and lush gardens to leisurely stroll through. Access to an indoor pool, a hot tub and a gym is available at a sister property. Free Wi-Fi keeps you in touch. Grab a book, a glass of wine or a pair of binoculars and forget about everything else!
The lodge excels in offering personalized attention, excellence in consumer service and authentic Monteverde hospitality. Located less than 10 minutes away from the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Preserve and in walking distance from downtown Santa Elena, Monteverde Country Lodge is the perfect option for those who are looking for cozy lodging, nice rest and easy access to all the activities Monteverde has to offer. Monteverde Country Lodge rooms have cable TV, safe deposit boxes, coffee makers, and a hot water shower.
In Manuel Antonio: Tabulia Tree hotel is a cozy family hotel in the Manuel Antonio region of Costa Rica. Featuring completely renovated rooms overlooking the forest and noted for the luxurious beds and modern amenities including Wi-Fi. The simple but tasteful decor will make you feel in paradise. The famous Bambu Jam Restaurant features a wide variety of international dishes of the highest quality. The gorgeous outdoor pool is stunning set against the backdrop of spectacular sunset views. Take a leisurely walk through the gardens that feature flowers and exotic plants which are indigenous to Costa Rica. Do not be too surprised if you have monkeys visiting you during your stay!
FIRST CLASS HOTELS
In Arenal: Magic Mountain Hotel is a colonial modern hotel, located in La Fortuna facing the Arenal Volcano providing visitors with a stunning view of the colossal Volcano Arenal. It is surrounded by an exotic tropical zone, lush foliage and magnificent scenery. This property offers a prime location, panoramic volcano views, luxury accommodations and unrivaled service. We are nearby to downtown shops, souvenirs and other points of interest as well as the “hot springs”. All guest rooms feature an outdoor balcony or terrace that overlook the Volcano and are impeccably furnished with tiled private bathrooms, desk, and either a king bed or two double beds. For your convenience, all guest rooms are equipped with high-speed wireless internet access, telephone line and an in-room safe. The hotel has swimming pools, Jacuzzis, elevator, Spa, meeting and conference space, and innovative international cuisine at Lina’s Restaurant and at Magic Sport’s Bar. Hotel Magic Mountain will leave you with an unforgettable experience while making plans to return!
In Monteverde: Ficus Hotel is a very modern, beautiful hotel located in the heart of Monteverde. Set on the hillside, it offers views of the Gulf of Nicoya and the surrounding Cloud Forest. Each suite at the hotel provides a very modern, comfortable and peaceful feel. Relax in your spacious and tastefully decorated suite. Brilliantly finished wood and the artwork of Peruvian painter Batista greet you after a day of adventure. Large modern bathrooms, beautifully decorated queen size beds, air conditioning, and an open balcony with a second sitting area provide all the ingredients for the best night’s sleep. An eclectic menu of tantalizing seafood, mouth-watering poultry, and delicious vegetables grown in the local garden await you at Antawara Restaurant. Enjoy an incredible sunset as you relax on your balcony while taking in a one of a kind view of the stunning town of Monteverde!
In Manuel Antonio: Costa Verde Hotel (Efficiency Room) Just three hundred yards from the beach overlooking the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Verde features 3 cliff-side pools with sundecks, and spacious rooms, studios and bungalows. All rooms offer balconies with a bird’s-eye view of the Park’s majestic coastline or rainforest canopy vistas dotted with toucans, sloths, coatis and monkeys. Costa Verde Hotel has been developed and refined so guests can enjoy a unique brand of tropical luxury. This jungle oasis is perfect for families, groups or couples offering accommodations with a variety of options for vacation living; on-site spa, personalized services, and four unique restaurants to suit all tastes.
Costa Verde Hotel is just 3 miles from the village of Quepos and 2 hours by car from San Jose International Airport. Costa Verde is a perfect destination for either a short stay or for those seeking a comfortable base camp for adventure travel, ecotourism, sport fishing, surfing or the peace and tranquility of Manuel Antonio’s legendary white sand beaches and National Park.
SUPERIOR CLASS HOTELS
In Arenal: Arenal Manoa Hotel is a destination resort created for you to enjoy the combination of a high-quality service and an exuberant natural beauty. Everything starts with our Jr. suites that combine modern and rustic architecture, with plenty of space for your comfort, where you can enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from your own bed, also a big bathroom with a little garden just to emphasize the natural beauty that surrounds our estate. While resting in your private terrace, enjoy impressive vistas of the mighty Arenal and the beautiful gardens of our property. Guests at Arenal Manoa can take advantage of the spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. Our Junior Suites have been designed in a way that you cannot fail to see any detail of the panoramic view of the Volcano from your own room. Each one is equipped with: Two Queen-sized beds, A/C, satellite television, private bath with hot water and a hair dryer, telephone, volcano-view terrace, refrigerator, safe-deposit box, coffee maker. Our services include: a lovely restaurant, a fun lounge, and a great swimming pool.
In MonteVerde: El Establo Hotel (Deluxe Room) is a family owned hotel nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, offering the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience. The family is half Costa Rican – half Quaker, allowing you to share the best of both cultures. The hotel employs the most charming staff and the best view in the area. You may practice your serve on the tennis court or shoot some hoops on the basketball court. There is a mini soccer court and hiking trails for those wanting to commune with nature. Soothe your aching muscles in one of the heated indoor pools and then pamper yourself at the spa. Each room features large bathrooms and a sitting area, wall to wall carpeting, telephone, coffee maker, safety deposit box, mini-bar, hair dryer and cable TV.
In Manuel Antonio: La Mariposa Hotel. Located in one of the world’s most magnificent settings, Hotel La Mariposa stands majestically atop the highest point in Manuel Antonio, from where 360 degree views overlook the Pacific Ocean, spectacular sunsets and the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park. Nature and charm combine flawlessly to create 62 well-appointed rooms of Spanish-Mediterranean architectural design, surrounded by tropical gardens, with walkways and trails, meticulously landscaped to reflect the natural beauty of Costa Rica’s abundant flora and fauna. Offering the most inspiring views of the Pacific Ocean, from your private balcony, relax and hear the sounds of the surf and gaze at the breathtaking Panoramic Ocean Views or experience some of the most incredible Sunsets in the world.
Sunset Village: Located directly on the beach, offers guests unforgettable ocean front sunset views. Feel the gentle breeze from the sea on your face from one of our sunset ocean-view rooms, just few steps away from the ocean. The spacious seafront area has been completely gardened to take full advantage of Costa Rica’s most famous beach. The experience is simply astonishing.
DELUXE CLASS HOTELS
In Manuel Antonio: Parador Resort & Spa. (Premium Ocean View Room)This resort offers panoramic ocean views on 12 acres of wildlife-rich tropical rainforest. Surrounded by expansive jungle, Parador features well-appointed rooms and suites, various restaurants featuring an international array of cuisines, multiple bars and lounges, a world-class spa, tennis court, and three ocean-view pools. Every room and suite is equipped with cable TV, mini-bar, coffee maker, A/C and ceiling fans, safety deposit boxes, iron and board, hair dryer, and telephone. Guests at Parador Resort can spend their days lounging in the sun by the resort’s three pools (two adults only) or on one of Manuel Antonio’s white sand beaches, including Playa Biesanz adjacent to the hotel. Winding nature trails cover the expansive grounds from where you can watch migrating whales or schools of dolphins, exotic birds, three species of monkeys, sloths, coatimundi, and a variety of reptiles.
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
- Deposit: To activate the booking process, we require a $300.00 per person deposit. Due to the popularity of the destination and the high demand for space, early reservations are strongly encouraged. During the peak season, additional deposits might be required by suppliers, if so you will be notified.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days (or as stated in your invoice – confirmation) prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- Meal Codes: B=Breakfast / L=Lunch / D=Dinner. BX= Box Lunch
- All tours and excursions services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, maids, bell and wait staff, beverages, additional entrance fees, Health, Accident, Baggage or Trip Cancellation insurance, and any other service not listed. Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- Visas, Passports, and Health Requirements: Guests booking a travel program with EcoAmerica Tours are required to verify, obtain, and fulfill all visa, passport, and health requirements needed to enter the countries included in their itinerary. EcoAmerica Tours is neither liable nor responsible for any guest denied entry onto any transport or into a country as a result of failure of the guest to have correct documentation.
- Cancellations and Refunds: Cancellations will only be accepted in writing. In addition to the suppliers’ fees and/or penalties, if any, the cancellation terms will be applied based on the date when the written cancellation is received, according to the following dates:
- Up to 66 days prior to departure date: $200 per person.
- 65 to 46 days prior to departure date: 25% of the cost.
- 45 to 31 days prior to departure date: 50% of the cost.
- Specific items such as the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu Citadel, Machu Picchu Mountain, and Huayna Picchu are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure date, are non-refundable.
- There are no refunds for unused services.
- Amending a booking: If you wish to make any changes after your booking has been confirmed, a change fee of $25.00 per transaction will apply. To amend a booking, please send us your request via email and refer to your confirmation number.
- For complete terms and conditions, please refer to the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.[/list]
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you. We encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section in our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC.
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US