5-Day Salvador de Bahia, a Jewel by The Sea – From $806.00 Adults Double Basis
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS
Salvador da Bahia has an energy and unadorned beauty that few cities can match. Once the magnificent capital of Portugal’s great New World colony. Salvador is the country’s Afro-Brazilian jewel. Its brilliantly hued center is a living museum of 17th and 18th century architecture and gold-laden churches. More importantly, Salvador is the nexus of an incredible arts movement with frequently scheduled festivals with drum corps pounding out powerful rhythms against the backdrop of colonial buildings. But there is another side to Salvador; its beautiful beaches of Ilha dos Frades and Itaparica, just two of the 56 islands in the Bay; this and more waits for you in this magical place.
- 4 Night accommodations in Salvador da Bahia at your choice of hotels
- 6 meals (4 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner)
- Private round trip airport transfers Salvador Airport/hotel/ Salvador airport
- A Guided Day Excursion of the city
- A Bay and Island Cruise with time for swimming and snorkeling, and lunch on the beach
- Private transfers hotel/pier/hotel
- A Night on the Town with a great dinner
- Entrance fees during excursion
- All transfers and sightseeing in A/C vehicle
- English-speaking local hosts and guides
- Personalized service of our Rio-based partners, and on-site logistical support to quickly address any unforeseen situation and provide the necessary assistance as the case may require
DAY 1 | Welcome to Salvador de Bahia, Brazil!
Upon arrival at the Salvador airport, meet and greet service and private transfer to the hotel of your choice for a four-night stay with breakfast included.
- Modern Class: Wish Hotel da Bahia (Classic Room)
- Historic Class: Pestana Convento do Carmo (Deluxe Room)
- Boutique Class: LA Villa Bahia Hotel (Deluxe Room)
DAY 2 | Discovering the Charm of Salvador da Bahia | B.
After breakfast at your hotel, your guide will lead you through the modern suburb of Barra to the mouth of All Saints Bay where you can take pictures of the famous lighthouse standing watch over where the bay and the Atlantic Ocean join together. You will continue to Pelourinho, where your walking tour begins at the Rio Branco Palace, one of the oldest palaces in Brazil. From there you can admire the panoramic view of the lower city and All Saints Bay. You will visit Saint Francisco Church, with its gold leafed interior and Jacaranda wood furniture and pass various museums and historical buildings, until you reach the ”Largo do Pelourinho”, the most famous picture postcard of Salvador. After lunch (not included), you will travel around the beaches of Salvador You will continue to the Montserrat district with its panoramic view of the city and end with a visit to the Modelo Market, the old slave trade market which is now one of the oldest and most traditional commercial zones of the city of Salvador. The building holds 263 arts and craft stores where you can fulfill your curiosity looking around! Balance of the day is at leisure.
DAY 3 | Sailing the Bay and its Islands | B.L.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked up by your private guide and driver for a shared schooner experience in Bahia. This sailing experience will give you a taste of the lovely beaches of Ilha dos Frades and Itaparica, just two of the 56 islands in the Bay while enjoying a unique view of Salvador. Our first stop is for a refreshing swim in the warm waters of Ilha dos Frades. Then a visit to the most famous of the bay’s islands: Itaparica, whose beaches feature calm tide pools. You have the choice of light trekking, horseback riding, a city tour, and other fun activities, all optional. Enjoy a buffet lunch in a local restaurant on the beach. You will have an outstanding view of the Upper and Lower Cities, as well as the other islands in the bay.
DAY 4 | Day at Leisure – Enjoy a Baiana Night with Dinner on the town! | B.D.
After breakfast at your hotel, spend the day at your leisure enjoying the city. This evening you will be picked up by your driver and guide and transferred to enjoy a typical Baiana night in the Pelourinho district, boasting a large complex of colonial architecture. You will have dinner in one of the many first class restaurants in the area. After dinner stroll the busy streets where many of the bars offer live music.
DAY 5 | Continue to your next destination | B.
After breakfast at your hotel, at the designated time you will be driven to the airport for your onward flight and continue with the next Insider Journey of your choice.
PRICES PER PERSON STARTING AT US$806.00
– SHARING DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS –
Salvador de Bahia, a Jewel by The Sea Lodging
MODERN CLASS HOTELS
In Salvador da Bahia: Wish Hotel da Bahia has a privileged location, close to the Historical Center, Arena Fonte Nova, museums, theaters and less than 3km from the main tourist attractions of the city. A building completely revitalized made to be the best option for business or leisure trips. Its interior features impressive restored works of art by Carybé and Genaro de Carvalho and the complete infrastructure of a grand hotel of magnificence.
The restaurant “Genaro de Carvalho”, located on the ground floor of Wish Salvador, is a gastronomic space that has an exquisite decoration with a very contemporary design. Its distinguishing feature is the large painted mural symbolizing the Regional Festivities, designed by the Bahian artist Genaro de Carvalho in 1950. The ideal place for events, breakfasts, brunch, business lunch or a sophisticated dinner. In the Lobby Bar, you find the ideal place to socialize at any time of the day, after a meeting or at the end of the work day, while listening to the music from our classic piano.
HISTORIC CLASS HOTELS
In Salvador: Pestana Convento do Carmo. Located in the historic center of Salvador, the Pestana Convento do Carmo combines tradition, luxury and modernity in a 16th-century building featuring spacious, high-ceiling rooms. This hotel is a journey in time and space that takes you to the absolute quiet of the rooms and cloisters, while maintaining access to the most interesting center of Salvador da Bahia: the Pelourinho and Santo António.
In addition to its stylish architecture and decoration, the hotel offers many options for your leisure and relaxation, including a sauna, spa, gym and swimming pool. And best of all is that in the end, after all the sightseeing, exploring and experiencing, you will always have your piece of heaven waiting: the Pestana Convento do Carmo, where tranquility, elegance and sobriety prevail, a stark contrast to the living in the city. Undoubtedly, here you will spend an unforgettable vacation.
BOUTIQUE CLASS HOTELS
In Salvador: La Villa Bahia Hotel. Located in the heart of historic Salvador, the charming Villa Bahia Hotel is set in 2 traditional colonial houses featuring a terrace with panoramic view to the Pelourinho. The boutique hotel also has a swimming pool, restaurant and exuberant courtyards, as well as luxurious rooms that have restored and fitted with modern amenities.
The hotel is within walking distance of popular churches, stores, bars, restaurants, art galleries, banks, exchange offices and capoeira, samba and music schools. The Vila Bahia also provides babysitting services, and free wireless internet connection 24 hours a day.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Reservation:A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment:The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), checks, and PayPal.
- The price does not includepersonal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bellmen, waitstaff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes:B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in the Terms of Travel section in our website. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL-SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation is flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the Reviews and Testimonials section on our website.
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Celebrating three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and a great relationship with key suppliers.
- A positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. EcoAmerica Tours is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC